Steelers first pick in draft?

Kirkendall

I've been hearing through channels that San Diego is willing to part with Brees and their first round pick to maybe Pittsburgh so the Steelers can pick up Eli Manning. Pittsburgh would package their first round pick with Burress to get Manning. Brees then would be drafted from Pittsburgh to either the Giants or Bucs (both reported interest) for a lower pick. This will be interesting to watch.

I can't see the Chargers parting with both Brees and the top pick...Who is gonna be their QB? Flutie? Please, Marty needs to win now to save his job, that would leave someone like Brunnell, or some other cast off QB to play for them...Gonna be hard to land a good QB in that situation...Of course if they trade down, they could offer Payton Manning big bucks to keep Indy from matching the contract, give up the picks it takes to get him...But their is no way in hell Indy let's Manning leave, and to be honest, he's the only QB worth getting to pass up on Eli Manning...They've already passed on one franchise QB when they traded to not draft Vick, I just don't think they'll want to pass on another franchise QB and Manning is just too damn good to pass over...And really, there is no way in hell I wanna see Eli Manning play for the Steelers :ph34r: , that just ain't cool.

Fortunately for the NFL , we don't splurge other peoples financial problems onto ourselves willingly like the NHL.

Saying that, San Diego should stop trying to say what Drew Brees isn't and starting helping him be what he is or could be for that team.I'ts quarterback.

NO quarterback in the nfl has a complete surrounding cast, except maybe Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme, and that's why their playing in the Superbowl.

Drew Brees isn't the problem in S.D. it's the management and the coaches. They have an outstanding running back, but instead of improving the defense, or the offensive line, they consistently each year go out and draft poorly, or trade for over priced free agents.

This has been their scenario since they lost to the steelers back in 95' in the playoffs. They once went 3 straight years without a first round pick.(THanks to Bobby BEathard). Despite all of their needs in the 98 draft ,they drafted a fullback with their first pick which was a second rounder.

Last year they overpaid for David Boston to his credit has only had one decent year since he was drafted after Torry Holt back in '99. Their bums.!!

We bengal fans know how poor coaching and mis-management leads to a teams failure.