views on the senior bowl

WHO DEY AGAIN?

A few comments on some players.

Derrick Pope-He looked great. The LB from Bama was quick and laid down a hard lick.

Etric Pruitt-He's under rated at this point. One of the few DBs that stood out. Plus he's 6 foot tall.

Ricardo Coclough-I've read that he is very raw but he was always where he should have been and that guy is FAST! I know he came from a small school but he shined against the big boys.

Derrick Strait-OVER RATED! Looked slow and reminds me of Burris but he hits much harder. Many predict him to go in the first but he will be a bust.

Greg Jones-Will make a great FB if the dumb ass would accept that role. Him not wanting to block hurt his stock BUT he looked the best of all the backs.

John Navarre-A future World league QB @ best.

Devery Henderson-Really helped his stock! The only thing he did'nt catch were poor passes. Could have had more TDs if it wasn't for over throws.

Phillip Rivers-Best QB of the bunch. A weak bunch but he was clearly the best. He will be the third QB taken and the hype machine could push him to round one.

As far as senior bowls go this one was less than average on the talent side. The South was much stronger than the North at most positions except at WR. Marvin got to see things from many sides and that's an advantage for us. I just wish he got to coach the South defense. They were faster and hit harder but then again most played in the SEC and not the Big 10.

A guy that really helped his draft status is Darnell Dockett. Stats alone, he played with leverage,power, and he was consistently doubleteamed by the best center in the draft Nick Leckey.

Greg Jones stood out, and pretty much assured himself of being picked between 21 and 37. If he tests around 4.5 ,matched with his size someone like the patriots or the cowboys couldn't resist. Raiders as well come round 2..?

Dissappointed that none of the better linebackers stood out like Rod Davis or the kid from West Virginia. The little guy from Nebraska (Demario Williams) can fly and hit, should have improved his stock from a early day 2 guy to a mid 3rd pick.

Ben Watson from Georgia ( TE ) looked good as well. He's actually faster than most of the other top tight ends coming out including Ben Troupe. Should be a 2nd rounder or early 3rd. If he slips to day 2 would be a great addition to our recieving corps.