Happy Anniversary Marvin Lewis!

Kirkendall

Is it commonly known that mike brown offered mike mularky the head coaching job last year and that he turned it down and brown then offered it to marvin lewis?

There are a couple of variations on this story, and I doubt we'll ever know for sure. Kinda like when Wyche got fired / quit. Wyche says he was fired and Mike B. says he quit ....... Who knows ??????

I saw Mularkeys interview after accepting the job in Buffalo, and one of the questions he was asked was why he hadn't been tapped before as a head coach. His response was something to the affect ( not a direct quote here ) that last year the whole thing happened faster than I thought it would. I was coming of a playoff game, and I just wasn't prepared for the interview. These interviews are a tough process, and you better know what they are going to ask and have the answer on the tip of your tongue.

Now he didn't say whether he had been offered the job or not, but from that statement it doesn't sound like it. The more believeable version is that Mike B. wanted Mularkey and had told him so, and Katie and Troy Blackburn told Mike that Marvin was the guy and that was that. Evidently they were able to change his mind ...... or he wasn't as set on Mularkey as was reported ........ again who knows ??????

Bottom line is we got Marvin Lewis and I think everybody is very very happy that it turned out the way it did.

QUOTE (Geronimo @ Jan 17 2004, 04:07 AM)

Is it commonly known that mike brown offered mike mularky the head coaching job last year and that he turned it down and brown then offered it to marvin lewis? 

There are a couple of variations on this story, and I doubt we'll ever know for sure. Kinda like when Wyche got fired / quit. Wyche says he was fired and Mike B. says he quit ....... Who knows ??????

I saw Mularkeys interview after accepting the job in Buffalo, and one of the questions he was asked was why he hadn't been tapped before as a head coach. His response was something to the affect ( not a direct quote here ) that last year the whole thing happened faster than I thought it would. I was coming of a playoff game, and I just wasn't prepared for the interview. These interviews are a tough process, and you better know what they are going to ask and have the answer on the tip of your tongue.

Now he didn't say whether he had been offered the job or not, but from that statement it doesn't sound like it. The more believeable version is that Mike B. wanted Mularkey and had told him so, and Katie and Troy Blackburn told Mike that Marvin was the guy and that was that. Evidently they were able to change his mind ...... or he wasn't as set on Mularkey as was reported ........ again who knows ??????

Bottom line is we got Marvin Lewis and I think everybody is very very happy that it turned out the way it did.

There's something else to the story also, Mularky was asked (not told of course) to not say anything about everything that transpired. HUMM!