Bengal tickets increase!

Kirkendall

From Bengals.com..

For the first time in two years, general admission ticket prices at Paul Brown Stadium are going to increase for the 2004 season. The increases vary from $1 to $6 and puts the 2004 average ticket price (without club seat premiums) at $53.73, which is below the NFL average for the 2003 Season. Last season, the Bengals’ average ticket price ranked 25th in the NFL.

Here are the new prices by zone: Zone EE (North End Zone, Club Level) $40; Zone J (Corners, Canopy Level) $40; Zone E (End Zone, Sideline Level) $50; Zones F, G, H (Sidelines Canopy Level) $50; Zone D (Corners, Sideline Level) $55; Zones A, B, C (Midfield, Sideline Level) $60; Zone CC (Convertible Club, Club Level) $60.

The Bengals’ 2004 PBS schedule calls for three games against playoff teams in AFC North rival Baltimore, Dallas, and Denver, plus a 10-6 team in Miami. Also headed to Cincinnati with the Steelers and Browns are former Bengals linebacker Takeo Spikes’ Buffalo Bills and a New York Giants’ team reportedly ready to name former Jacksonville head coach Tom Coughlin to the job.

I would have liked to see them keep the prices as is. This is the second price increase in the four seasons the stadium has been open. I think it may deter some people from getting season tickets.

Obviously it is not enough to break anyone and they still have one of the lowest prices around but it would have been a nice gesture to the season tickets holders that stuck it out, to have kept them the same.

Well, they still have some of the cheapest tickets in the NFL I think that story said 25th out of 32 teams. That ain't bad...I think maybe they should have held off another year before they jacked them up...but the most any of them went up is 6...it's not like Mikey jacked them up 20 bucks a pop.

...it's not like Mikey jacked them up 20 bucks a pop.

Give him time. Any guy that'll sell a galss of tap water for 3.00 a pop isn't going to be too far behind the curve on seat prices.

Thing is that the people in Cincinnati are starved for a winning football team, and they'll pay it .... and ol' Mikey knows it.