Sad Day in Cincy.

buckeyej44

I'm finally able to post a message about the loss we suffered on Sunday. It has taken about 24 hours to recover from it. It physically and emotionally devastated me. I was there for the game and I don't remember feeling any worse following a Bengals game as this one. I wanted 9-7 so bad going into this game. The playoffs would have been a bonus, but undeserved. We had the AFC North division in our hands early but we allowed SORRY teams, aka: Arizona, Okland, Pittsburg, and Buffalo take it from us. The season would have been a very successful one if we could have swept the Clowns and ended on a winning note at 9-7. Now it is losing 3 out of the last 4. It was a gut-wrenching :blink: frustrating and embarrassing loss. After the first drive the team seemed flat as if they thought this would be a walk through the park(as it should have been). Even the crowd seemed flat. It just hurt :( real bad. Now I have to face all of these pathetic browns fans at work. Thanks Bengals!

In the big picture, 8-8 is a great turnaround following a 2-14 season, but there is a definite need for improvement, ie. DEFENSE!

On Cory, I will miss him. He has been the only highlight for the Bengals in the last 8 years. I wish him the best!

I guess as every other year, I'll say it again, Wait till next year!

GO BENGALS!

GO BUCKS!!! Beat Kansas St!

I disagree, i think this is a beautiful day for the Cincinnati Bengals. The players and coaching staff' are venting about what shoulda, coulda , woulda, happened, and what changes are going to be made.

We are already focused and setting the agenda for 2004,not that we haven't been doing that for the last 13 years,but this time we actually have direction. Thank you Marvin Lewis, and the Bengal players for a pretty decent season.Considering our talent level, we definitely got more out of our talent than any of the last 8 seasons.

I'm finally able to post a message about the loss we suffered on Sunday. It has taken about 24 hours to recover from it. It physically and emotionally devastated me. I was there for the game and I don't remember feeling any worse following a Bengals game as this one. I wanted 9-7 so bad going into this game. The playoffs would have been a bonus, but undeserved. We had the AFC North division in our hands early but we allowed SORRY teams, aka: Arizona, Okland, Pittsburg, and Buffalo take it from us. The season would have been a very successful one if we could have swept the Clowns and ended on a winning note at 9-7. Now it is losing 3 out of the last 4. It was a gut-wrenching  frustrating and embarrassing loss. After the first drive the team seemed flat as if they thought this would be a walk through the park(as it should have been). Even the crowd seemed flat. It just hurt  real bad. Now I have to face all of these pathetic browns fans at work. Thanks Bengals!

I agree. But I agree with you Chris as well. Some of you already know my feelings on this, but I said before the Cleveland game (or maybe the St. Louis game) that I would be disappointed if playoffs avoided the queen city. I wanted it bad.

I was in the catagory of fan with evolving expectations, I wanted win number 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, now I'm thinking post season. I evolved my expecations per week and with Cincy in the playoff scenarios up to week 17, I was dishearted by the performance on the field (which would have been mute anyway).

But in summation, I'm very exciting the Bengals are going into the off season with immeasurable posibilities in the draft and FA that involve plugging gaps, not finding a team.

On Cory, I will miss him. He has been the only highlight for the Bengals in the last 8 years. I wish him the best!

Perfectly said.

GO BUCKS!!! Beat Kansas St!

You are definately ok by me. Now the Bengals season is finished on the grid iron, I'm preparing for a great Fiesta Bowl. Have you seen the talent coming into next season? Other than the DL the majority of our D is coming back. We have youth on offense with four (?) new linemen and a young, potentially good QB. The only downside is we have Hall and Ross coming back, but if we give Ross the ball often and early, he'll be the good back he was supposed to be pre-clarett.

Welcome to the Board.