PS2

No I havent got it yet, I was planning on it but my PS2 went to crap and quit working so I have to get a new PS2 before I buy both those games. And I havent been able to play 05' and its driving me nuts lol but ive been watching ebay so hopefully I can get one of the slim PS2 pretty cheap. But I do have a PSP so I will be buy madden for it in september.

I bought ncaa only to delay time till madden comes out ^_^ . I think its worth the fun since you have heisman mode and you can transfer that guy to madden once hes done with college

No I havent got it yet, I was planning on it but my PS2 went to crap and quit working so I have to get a new PS2 before I buy both those games. And I havent been able to play 05' and its driving me nuts lol but ive been watching ebay so hopefully I can get one of the slim PS2 pretty cheap. But I do have a PSP so I will be buy madden for it in september.

Instead of wasting $150 now you could try and wait till Nov for the PS3, or even better the XBOX360, and use that as a down payment :P

Well I've seen PS2 going for under $100 and the PS3 dont come out until spring of 2006. Xbox 360 though I probably will just cause I want to play the next gen madden stuff while were all waiting for the PS3. and the new Ghost Recon looks pretty bad ass.

Madden comes out august 9th, and the PS3 will be a super computer, sony is not calling it a console cause it has a super computer processor called "The cell Processor" the new discs it will be using are called Blu-ray Discs with maximum storage capacity of 54 GB. Thats like 6 times bigger that a dvd. Enabling delivery of entertainment content in full high-definition (HD) quality, under a secure environment made possiblethrough the most advanced copyright protection technology. To match the accelerating convergence of digital consumer electronics and computer technology, PS3 supports high quality display in resolution of 1080p(*) as standard, which is far superior to 720p/1080i.

Playstation 3 Technology

With an overwhelming computing power of 2 teraflops, entirely new graphical expressions that have never been seen before will become possible. In games, not only will movement of characters and objects be far more refined and realistic, but landscapes and virtual worlds can also be rendered in real-time, thereby elevating the freedom of graphics expression to levels not experienced in the past. Gamers will literally be able to dive into the realistic world seen in large screen movies and experience the excitement in real-time.

In 1994, SCEI launched the original PlayStation® (PS), followed by PlayStation®2 (PS2) in 2000 and PlayStation®Portable (PSP®) in 2004, every time introducing the latest advancement in technology and bringing innovation to interactive entertainment software creation. Over 13,000 titles have been developed by now, creating a software market that sells more than 250 million copies annually. PS3 offers backward compatibility enabling gamers to enjoy these enormous assets from PS and PS2 platforms.

With the delivery of Cell based development tools that has already begun, development of game titles as well as tools and middleware are in progress. Through collaboration with world’s leading tools and middleware companies, SCEI will offer full support to new content creation by providing developers with extensive tools and libraries that will bring out the power of the Cell processor and enable efficient software development.

Preparations are under way for launch of PS3 and new generation software in the spring of 2006.

(*)1080p/720p/1080i: “p” stands for progressive scan method, “i” stands for interlace method. 1080p is the highest resolution within the HD standard.

and if your lucky enough to have to plasma or LCD screens you can hook both up to the PS3 and have a side by side 32:9 screen.

cellman.jpg

playstation-3-bpad.jpg

Here are some screenshots of next gen games.

This may be a screen for Grand theft auto, hasnt been confirmed.

gta-PS3.jpg

ps3-software5.jpg

ps3-software6.jpg

ps3-software7.jpg

ps3-screen1.jpg

ps3-software11.jpg

Killzone2

ps3-software14.jpg

ps3-software16.jpg

Madden

madd.jpg

Now these here are some of the best ive seen. These cars look amazing!

dtv_5.jpg

dtv_4.jpg

dtv_6.jpg

dtv_10.jpg

dtv_11.jpg

$399 and it cost like $500 to make them.

Holy Sh**! Those screenshots from the next gen games are AMAZING!

I went out at midnight last Monday and picked up NCAA 06. I love it. The graphics are better, the running game is smoother, and the features are great.

The Race for the Heisman thing is awesome. I just finished my first season in that mode. After your four years in college, you can upload your player into Madden 06 or apply for college coaching jobs and keep playing NCAA.

The impact players feature is very nice too. It adds a lot to the game to pay attention to your impact players and give them the ball when they are "in the zone." And also pay attention to the opponents impact players to make sure to stay away from them.

Another good thing about the game is that they don't have the non-stop college fight songs playing over and over and over again. They have some regular music...even though I haven't even heard of 95% of the bands that are on there. I also like all the drills that you can run to get better.

There is also a demo of NCAA March Madness 06. It's only a demo, so you can only pick from like 4 or 5 teams to play as, but it's a nice extra. The extras also include previews of Madden 06, NBA Live 06, and the new Arena Football game.

Madden comes out august 9th, and the PS3 will be a super computer, sony is not calling it a console cause it has a super computer processor called "The cell Processor" the new discs it will be using are called Blu-ray Discs with maximum storage capacity of 54 GB. Thats like 6 times bigger that a dvd. Enabling delivery of entertainment content in full high-definition (HD) quality, under a secure environment made possiblethrough the most advanced copyright protection technology. To match the accelerating convergence of digital consumer electronics and computer technology, PS3 supports high quality display in resolution of 1080p(*) as standard, which is far superior to 720p/1080i.

Playstation 3 Technology

With an overwhelming computing power of 2 teraflops, entirely new graphical expressions that have never been seen before will become possible. In games, not only will movement of characters and objects be far more refined and realistic, but landscapes and virtual worlds can also be rendered in real-time, thereby elevating the freedom of graphics expression to levels not experienced in the past. Gamers will literally be able to dive into the realistic world seen in large screen movies and experience the excitement in real-time.

In 1994, SCEI launched the original PlayStation® (PS), followed by PlayStation®2 (PS2) in 2000 and PlayStation®Portable (PSP®) in 2004, every time introducing the latest advancement in technology and bringing innovation to interactive entertainment software creation. Over 13,000 titles have been developed by now, creating a software market that sells more than 250 million copies annually. PS3 offers backward compatibility enabling gamers to enjoy these enormous assets from PS and PS2 platforms.

With the delivery of Cell based development tools that has already begun, development of game titles as well as tools and middleware are in progress. Through collaboration with world’s leading tools and middleware companies, SCEI will offer full support to new content creation by providing developers with extensive tools and libraries that will bring out the power of the Cell processor and enable efficient software development.

Preparations are under way for launch of PS3 and new generation software in the spring of 2006.

(*)1080p/720p/1080i: “p” stands for progressive scan method, “i” stands for interlace method. 1080p is the highest resolution within the HD standard.

and if your lucky enough to have to plasma or LCD screens you can hook both up to the PS3 and have a side by side 32:9 screen.

cellman.jpg

playstation-3-bpad.jpg

how much if at all is it better then the xbox 360

Ok they took a survey in japan, only 2% of japanese want a Xbox 360 out of how many people.

Sony said that the DEV Kit that was running the games and preview stuff at E3 was only running at 75% so It wasnt an acutally a PS3 running at full potential.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/...tton_wmvlow.wmv

Check this footage out of Killzone 2. Looks awesome