Waltrip out of #15

AMC

I don't know if NAPA is signed, and don't know if the #15 car will be back -- which I think will. However, does this mean Tony Jr. is back with Dale?

I'm more interested to see where Michael will go. The #6 car if Martin doesn't return? Ganassi? Or is he going to focus on his own cup team now?

All good questions Kirk...

Does this throw everything into a frenzy or what? Waltrip in the 6 would be very interesting, but I would think Waltrip will be looking for more than a one-year deal in a car...Casey Mears is not liking this because he has been trumped as one of the best drivers available...

Did you see where Larry McReynolds said that MacMurray may work it out to take over the 6 NEXT year???

Yea, it's a matter of contract buyout I believe.

Rumor #1 on Mikey (from Jayski)...

Watch Michael Waltrip on SPEED Channel's Trackside at 7:00pm/et for more on this announcement and possible news about his ride for next year. Some rumors floating around have him going to the #0 Chevy.(7-15-2005)

And NAPA is only signed through 2005 and with Mikey leaving, I'll bet there's a good chance the #15 will have a new sponser too depending on the direction they want to go in....

Plus, does this mean the fleet of #15 cars go back Dale Jr? Does that mean the #15 fleet goes to Truex's team? QUESTIONS!

I do wonder what was going on behind the scenes on the 8 and 15. I think Eury Jr. was going back to the 8 car, and Waltrip didn't care for that move...Just a random thought.

Also, I don't think Earnhardt and Waltrip have been seeing eye to eye obviously. Usually in the past if one or the other won a race they would congratulate each other right away, even in the infield. But we didn't see that sunday did we? Maybe I am over thinking it.

DEI is in a fact finding mode right now trying to compete and go younger. I think DEI may eventually lose Dale Jr. to Childress and the #3 car. Almost every interview Dale Jr talks about going to drive that car.

Mikey will land on his feet, he is the best pitch man in Nascar. What about Eury to Truex Jr's cars. If Dale Jr. and his team starts clicking and make the chase how do you change it over again?

If Hmiel and Jr continue to work well, seems Eury will stay with whoever takes over the #15.

They will probubly elevate Truex Busch Chief up along with rest of team. I mean twobusch titles,not yet but looking good, shows nice chemistry .

Hmiel won't be a crew cheif next year -- Tony Sr. already said he's going back to his old job once DEI finds a replacement crew cheif. Tony Jr. could take it, but Michael said he'd love to have Tony Jr. at his next gig. Personally, I like Mikey, but Tony Jr. going with Waltrip could be an ill-advised career move.

It would probably also be wise for DEI to keep Truex and Kevin Manion together. If NASCAR learned anything this year, its keeping chemistry together and Truex and Manion have awesome chemistry.