Anderson Comments About Corey

Kirkendall

On Bengals.com it talked about Corey's departure and here are some quotes by Willie Anderson and let me say something quickly, when you have players -- and Willie tends to speak how the lockerroom is feeling -- speaking about that Cancer word, then he has to go. I know his on field performances are without a doubt great in their own right, but now it's time to move on. Best of luck to Corey in his endevour to find his role somewhere, but we need to look at what's best for the "team"!

“They definitely can’t bring him back, because he would destroy us next year,” Anderson said. “The cancer would take affect.”

“I’m taking it personally, That means you don’t want to play with me, and you don’t want to play with (center) Rich Braham and you don’t want to play with the guys that played hurt for you for a lot of years and a lot of yards,” Anderson said. “Basically, he was the guy we were playing our tail off for. We didn’t have a lot to play for in a lot of those years, but the one thing we could take pride in is that we could help the running back go to the Pro Bowl. That was something we shot for. He knows that we were looking to give him the big games. It hurts me to see him laughing over there. If you want out of here that bad, adios.”

“This year we had that,” Anderson said. “But he was hurt. I don’t know why he’s mad. I don’t know why he’s mad at Mike Brown, (running backs coach) Jim Anderson, the players. If he had been healthy, that would have been him in there. But Rudi had to step in. Nobody hurt you, bro. You got hurt.”

The thing I don't get is that he signed a new contract a few years ago. Why didn't he get out then, when the tunnel was completely dark. Now, with that light at the end, he wants to leave?

Actually, I understand. Corey is scared of Ray-Ray. I mean, that is why the Titan's petitioned to be moved to the AFC South, poor Eddie couldn't stand the nightmares. :D

The thing I don't get is that he signed a new contract a few years ago. Why didn't he get out then, when the tunnel was completely dark. Now, with that light at the end, he wants to leave?

I believe Dillon reupped with the bengals because no other team in the league would ponie up the jack that the bengals did or else no one would pay mikey what he thought cd should garner.

I hope mikey can get something for him.

Check my pulse I just quoted a ravenite. :huh: