Some advice for Kearns and Milton

joseph

First Mr. Kearns, you're in a pretty crappy situation right now. Sucks huh? You're problem is that you're getting a rap as a malcontent. Whether you feel that is fair, appropriate, true yada, yada, yada quite frankly it doesn't make two s**tes what you think about it. The fans read/hear what you say. They can see you're out of shape. The spotlight has been turned on you and everything you say and do will be magnified. As they say, there is an easy way and hard way to get out of this. The hard way would be to stay on you're current course of action. Talking about wanting to be traded, being out of shape and basically throwing gas on the fire. Or there is the easy way, just simply apologize. It's amazing how forgiving the general public is to celebrity types. Now I'm not sure how you became overweight, but you are. Could be too much McDonalds, could be lack of training only you know and if you don't and just started putting on weight and aren't sure why, I'd suggest you go to the doctor cause that s**te ain't normal. Either way though the script to the easy way out would be. "I'm just frustrated I'm not playing for the Major League team right now. I know in large part that it's my fault that I didn't do what I needed to do to get ready for the season. I apologize to the fans of Cincinnati, and promise from here on out that I won't make that mistake again. I mean the fans of Cincinnati are used to watching the likes of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Barry Larkins of the past and they expect a certain level of play out there and I have to do what I have to do to live up to those expectations. Obviously I'd love to be up with the Big club right now, and I'm going to use my time down here to get my swing back and do the necessary work to get back there. I know there are some Reds fans out there who are disappointed with me right now, I just hope the give me a second chance. "

There it is in about the 15 seconds it takes to say something to that extent you go from percieved malcontent to be forgiven and getting everbody off you're back.

Next Mr, Milton.... I watched ya pitch the other day there guy.. I think I figured out your problem. STOP THROWING EVERY FREAGIN PITCH BELT HIGH!!!! You are just grooving those things right through the freagin hit zone!!!! You know when you pitch at the belt level simple physics dictates that there is a much greater area that the ball can hit the bat, don't ya???? Geez dude!! Blah blah, blah mechanics, blah blah blah I feel bad and don't have any confidence, blah, blah, blah... JUST STOP THROWING THE F-ING BALL BELT HIGH!!! It's really about that simple. Seriously I no it's from a movie but maybe you should go get yourself a garter belt like Meat from Bull Durham. Don't think, just pitch, and keep the damn ball down. Like they've been telling you since little league.... :rolleyes:

In the end I'm sure both of you guys are good guys off the field, and me critizing you never pertains to or is on any level a personal attack on you outside the baseball lines. I'm just a fan of baseball, and the Reds are like the damn Bad News Bears these days, and it's as frustrating for us fans to watch as it is for you guys to be out there playing. We don't suffer through or understand the scrutiny you guys get on this team, but then again we're not the ones taking home the big checks for playing a game. So we'll call it even. In conclusion though I really think you both have the potential to be good/ great ball players and it's frustrating to watch, becaue you problems seem pretty self evident.