More receiver talk

vman1186

It makes no sence to keep Warrick and get rid of the K-Wash .If you ask me Warrick is the odd man out.Even if you keep Warrick he is gone next year FOR SURE.His contract is up at the end of the year and the Bengals cant aford to keep him.Remember TJ 2 years ago ? It took him a couple of years to devolop.Same with Washington.What most people dont realize is that Washington did not play much NCAA football,he tried a Baseball career and had a bad neck injury.What I would really hate aside from wasting the draft choice on him is to see another team in the division end up with him and face him twice a year.In efect get rich on our draft choice.Remember Kelly Gregg (for those of you dont know we drafted him) the Bengals gave up on him too soon and he has been a solid anchor on the Ravens D-line.I would hate to see the Ravens ,Browns,or Steelers end up with him.If they got Warrick I wouldnt feel as bad because at least we have got some thing out of him and you dont know if his leg will go after the first game after you have lost Washington to another team then its too late.Besides I think Washington has looked pretty good in his small amount of playing time,Its not easy just playing a few plays and not get a feel for the flow of the game.Which is what TJ said was the reason he played so much better last year (playing the whole game he got the feel and rythem of the game and his skills improved)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing we are not talking about last season...Good thing coaches aren't making decisions this year based on that...They are focused on what is happening now, and you should be too!!!!

Actually, among other things I think we're definately talking about last season and I believe the coaches will take last season into account as they plan for this season. As for focusing on what's happening now, well....right now I'm arguing with you about why you think Kevin Walter is the answer to a question nobody has bothered asking.

Look, ignore the pop-lockin' stupidity that is Kelley Washington after a 1st down grab or TD catch. Put that guy out of your mind for a moment. What in the world would make anyone think Kevin Walter is capable of assuming Washington's role even if Washington is cut loose?

I make my assumption based on several factors...First, in the little that we saw him play last season he played with heart and made a few clutch plays on offense, Second, I saw him at mini camp this month and he looked real good (way better than washington)...If he could make the plays he made in camp on Sundays he could easily be one of our top receivers. The guy is a harder worker and I think has more potential than washington.

Second, I saw him at mini camp this month and he looked real good (way better than washington)...If he could make the plays he made in camp on Sundays he could easily be one of our top receivers. The guy is a harder worker and I think has more potential than washington.

Ignoring everything else for a moment...this is where we strongly disagree. There are plenty of things that I like about Kevin Walter, but when judged soley as a wideout I don't see enough potential to get the least bit excited. The opposite is probably true of Washington, as there are plenty of things about him that I don't like, but the potential he has is obvious and in my opinion worth developing....even if things progress slower than I might have desired.

Last, I think the coming WR wars are going to as fun as they are iteresting if we fans keep reacting this way to every flip remark uttered by a coach, TV commentator, or beat writer. People, get your knives out...because Kevin Walter's honor is at stake! Defend!!!! Pimp!!!! Speculate!!!!

Then again, I've been told more than once that my own posting knives are always out...and in this race my guy is a known squirrel.....so who am I to make fun of the Walterboys?