Most productive Georgia player?

CantStop85

Three defensive starters from the University of Georgia...which do you think will have the better year?

I think Pollack will have the best stats, then Geathers, then Thurman because Thurman might have to fight for his starting position a little more.

I voted Geathers since he's been in the system a year longer, and they said if he hadn't left early he probably would have been a first rounder...not that that means anything.

Plus I remember a few plays last year that made me just think...this guy is freaky good.

I've heard comments that our D really improved when they put Landon in the middle...we'll a lot of things started to happen to our D at the same time, and one of those things was that Geathers was getting a lot more time.

The other was that Keiwan and Madeiu were getting really good.

The sporting news has Mitchell starting at SS (as I also predict) and Keiwan beating out Deltha for corner by mid season. I think he'll be starting, but for Tory.

I voted for Pollack (surprise, surprise!)

I think Thurman may have more tackles and Geathers may have more sacks -- but Pollack will make more BIG plays.

Great question! No easy answer and it points out how tough our defense could be this year. B):blink:

I voted Geathers, because like Big O, I trust the veteran over the rookies.

As for the rookies, I think they will both be good, and a week or so ago I would have said Thurman will be the better man this year, since Pollack has never played LB, but so many Georgia fans have jumped on here telling us that Pollack is the best player they have ever seen, and since they've seen a lot more of him than I have... I believe them.

So I say Geathers... but only slightly over Pollack, and then Thurman.

In my informal survey of die hard Bulldog fans here in GA, people always used the word "motor" when describing Pollack, and "intense" when describing Odell, but when describing both of them I heard the term "headhunter" a lot. Mmmmm..

This I love because as much as I want run-stuffers, I want fear-makers...who are teams afraid of when they think Bengals D...nobody. Teams hate to be sacked, they hate being stripped, they hate to be intercepted, but nothing compares with pain...the others are just stuff that happens to the game. Pain is something that happens to the body.

Landon threw some licks, but even our DE kind of wrestled QB's to the ground...this is only so good. It's not physical football...it's just fast and efficeint...but we also need some physicality.

Keiwan's gonna give me some...Landon will give me some...and those headhunters from GA. Maybe that's what we brought them here for.

All I know is the teams in the SEC are glad they left Georgia. I remember a few games David Pollack single-handedly won, including last year's bowl game.

Brian Van Gorder, Georgia's Def Coord the past couple year's got the best out of those guys, now Marvin and the Bengal's coaches are. Good players accept good coaching. And that's the type of player Marvin is drafting.

Speed, speed and more speed. Makes sense in the speed league of the SEC and it makes sense in the NFL.....

:player: :player: :player:

I vote all the above. I want all 3 to be big pieces in the total D. I agree the difference between rookies and 2nd year players is immense. Geathers is the quickest DE on the team no doubt.

I just watched the 2nd Steelers game. The defense played real well. It would have been nice to have had more points on the board. Just need small improvements.

I think Thurman may have more tackles and Geathers may have more sacks -- but Pollack will make more BIG plays.

I agree with you 100%. I think Pollack's big plays are going to be sacks on the blitz. I love the way this kid can find the quarterback. I'm excited to see how all of them can do this season. From everything I read, Thurman is going to be a star. I'm glad he is in the #1 spot this year!

First time poster . . . long time reader. My vote is Pollack. I went to Georgia Tech, so it pains me to have to vote for any Georgia player for anything, but this guy killed us for four years. The following is a pre--draft article that I haven't seen posted here, but I think it sums up things nicely . . .

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3445788

Who dey!