Tim Duncan

richmond_mat

Chump. Yes, he's a good ball player WHEN IT DOESNT MATTER. When his team needs him and they aren't playing well, he can't put the game on his shoulders. Michael Jordan was great because he could take over a game on his own. Ben Wallace has done the same defensively.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. When the going gets tough, Tim Duncan has cried on the bench.

I think in this series Tim Duncan has met his downfall. Quick long armed defenders who can out muscle him and out quick him. Sure he is getting his points but he struggles with the turnovers. He also needs to get past the mental block on the free throw line.

Oh, please.  That big wussy streak includes two NBA championships.  And it includes two MVPs and two Finals MVPs.  I won't even mention all the All-Star games and the All-NBA and All-NBA Defensive teams.  What a wuss.

And how much of that did he get with The Admiral to help him?

We all know that David was at the end of his career and had really slowed down, especially in the last championship run. Even in the first championship, David was already on the other side of his peak performance. It was Duncan that was the MVP of BOTH finals, not David. It was the addition of Duncan that got the team to the championship. As much as I like David, even during his peak, he couldn't get the team there. Duncan did. Of course, David helped out as a good teammate should, but look at David's numbers. There were not at the same level as when his career peaked. Really, David's numbers were about like Nazr's expect David had a few extra points while Nazr had a few extra rebounds.

I'm not the biggest Duncan fan, but I agree with San Antonio. How can you call a guy a chump when he's done it all. I don't think he has that winning killer instinct like a Jordan or Bird, but you can't argue with MVP's and championship rings. Sorry if I offend anyone but this is a dumb topic, he is obviously not a chump

Duncan played like a champ when it counted; getting rebounds and making free throws. Unfortunately the Pistons gave them a chance by not winning game 5 and the Spurs cashed in by turning up the intensity with about three minutes left in the third quarter and the pistons could not match their intensity. They also didn't hammer Ginobili the way they had in the previous games. No one should get to the rack when the title is on the line. :player:

Duncan is the greatest power forward of this generation. He is consistently double teamed yet still puts up good numbers.

The only comparable power forwards playing today are J.Oneal and K. Garnett and they have 0 rings compared to Duncan's 3.

Let me add, I don't even like the Spurs (Pacer fan) but you got to give the man his due.