Does Anyone Else Hate?

walzav29

Doeas anyone else hate the fact that we're always talking about getting the free agents that we passed over in the draft? Kijana instead of Sapp, Smith instead of Bailey and whoever else. Oh well, that will drive you crazy. I just wonder if Marvin ever wonders what the hell these guys were doing before he got here!

Doeas anyone else hate the fact that we're always talking about getting the free agents that we passed over in the draft?

That happens a lot in the NFL. People just don't know how players perform at the next level. I mean 11 other teams passed on Sapp, the one that pissed me off was that we passed on McNair that same year!

Look at the '99 draft and who we passed up on. Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams, Torry Holt, Champ Bailey, David Boston, Chris McAlister, Daunte Culpepper, Jevon Kearse (not in the first round).

Maybe Marvinisms 101 will teach the scouting department what to look for, wouldn't you agree?

Where is Ditka and all his picks for one now??? Of course THIS YEAR we will be picking much later in the first round than we are used to!

The Akili Smith pick instead of taking all those picks was the biggest draft day blunder IMO. Easy to say now that Akili never prospered under Ken Anderson and Co., but to put a guy under that pressure: "We are not only using our 1st round pick on you, we passed on having however many extra picks to take you". They would've screwed up the extra picks anyway so it's a moot point.

Doesn't matter...it's history. Everything eventually worked out in the end. The dark years (1991-2002) are over.

At least now there's a scouting department to teach something too. I remember classic moves by the Bengals in the past such as claiming one of the Steelers who was inactive because he'd violated the drug policy. ............. oh ! THATS why he's available. God what an embarresment.

Passing on Boston is a wonder. He'd have been a perfect follow up to Pickens. Passing on Bailey is just inexcusable. Don't want to kick Akili any more than he has been already, but all you had to do was look at the film of him. " Gloom, Despair, and agony on me."

I'm going to break down a little philosophy for you cats, cuz I think it applies here. You see, the flow of things through time is not like a stream, where if you move one rock here or there nothing changes. Things move like tiles down a Plinko board (Price is Right). If one peg is gone, the entire thing will go differently.

So, if you guys are happy with where you are now, don't worry about rehashing the past. The way things were is the only way they could have been, because that is how they happened.

For example, there was this girl in high school that I was a little sweet on, and unfortunately she used me to get to my buddy. Okay, not good you may say, and I too was steamed about it for a while. This was of course, I until I realized that the girl really sucked, and if I had started dating her I would have missed out on meeting the girl I dated for years. Sometimes the universe visits small evils upon you to save you from greater evils.

With all that said, let me add: Steelers Suck!! (no epistimological issues on that one)

Good analogy, but your perspective changes a little after 12 years or so. We're more like disaster survivors. We have to talk about the past so we can get over it and start healing.

Kinda like you guys rising to the bait every time somebody mentions the c - o- l - t -s. Didn't want to say it, that's why I spelt it. It should give you something to realte to though.

I'm going to break down a little philosophy for you cats, cuz I think it applies here. You see, the flow of things through time is not like a stream, where if you move one rock here or there nothing changes. Things move like tiles down a Plinko board (Price is Right). If one peg is gone, the entire thing will go differently.

So, if you guys are happy with where you are now, don't worry about rehashing the past. The way things were is the only way they could have been, because that is how they happened.

For example, there was this girl in high school that I was a little sweet on, and unfortunately she used me to get to my buddy. Okay, not good you may say, and I too was steamed about it for a while. This was of course, I until I realized that the girl really sucked, and if I had started dating her I would have missed out on meeting the girl I dated for years. Sometimes the universe visits small evils upon you to save you from greater evils.

With all that said, let me add: Steelers Suck!! (no epistimological issues on that one)

You...very wise, grasshopper. Sun shine forever on your infinite wisdom :lol::lol:

Just kidding. I'm on the west coast and wasn't ready for the philosophical thing before 9AM.