From ESPN

redsfan2

Bengals team report says that " sources " **say the Marvin Lewis is looking to add a shut down corner during the off season. Champ Bailey is the #1 target due to being a free agent and his good realtionship with Coach Lewis. Also getting looked at are Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor.

Bengals are also said to be looking for a run stuffing inside linebacker that would allow them to move Kevin Hardy back outside. The team feels that opponents have had to much success running at Hardy.

See Kirk ??? one by one the pieces come together. Take a couple out ........ put a couple in ...... Next thing ya know ............... you Know ????

** wouldn't you like just once for them to say who it is, instead of it always being sources. Jeez ! "Sources " could be the doorman at the hotel.

I wonder all who we could land in our offseason.I think the majority of quality free agents that we land will be after the draft.There is always the possiblity that we trade Corey which would free up quite a bit of cap room.To land someone like Champ Bailey or a Chris McCallister or a Warren Sapp,is gonna take money,and to truly get the most out of next year's cap and draft.We are gonna need to get a corner either in the draft or free agency,and we're gonna need to get a really good defensive tackle so that we can get oliver gibson from being our backup option.We could get a "ted johnson " pretty cheap since he's unrestricted out of New England.Brian Simmon's play this year has been outstanding! kevin hardy would be much better suited to play the strongside and now with Adrian ross' Injury, D.J. williams lb miami (fla) could be wearing Stripes next year.If we land a top corner in free agency, then we go defensive line in round 1,and get a strong side linebacker in round 2 like Teddy Lehman from oklahoma or Rod Davis from mississippi st. who could step in to play middle linebacker.But another very valuable option for us is,we need a good Tight End.We have serviceable tight ends,but if Kellen Winslow jr. is there when we pick,just thinking of the all that speed to throw at defenses next year our offense would look more like a track team than a football team.

Bengals team report says that " sources " **say the Marvin Lewis is looking to add a shut down corner during the off season.

That's awsome news.

Bengals are also said to be looking for a run stuffing inside linebacker that would allow them to move Kevin Hardy back outside.

Thank god, he's been a disappointment this season.

Brian Simmon's play this year has been outstanding!

I haven't seen this yet. His stats are a little saterated because he gets tackles 5-10 yard downs field, he's good, but not great. I've been let down by Simmons play so far in his career and I think I've given enough time for him to have that great linebacker title he was given straight out of NC.

Kellen Winslow jr

I agree we need a TE, I've said it many times on this forum so I'm not going into it again, but Lewis won't draft Winslow. He's a player that makes sure he's above the team, he did that at Miami, can you imagine if he did that while getting paid? Too much of a negative risk factor.

** wouldn't you like just once for them to say who it is, instead of it always being sources. Jeez ! "Sources " could be the doorman at the hotel.

That's about all we can do since we don't hear of anything offical until it actually happens.