Goat of Week 16

Kirkendall

Hey, where's the o-line? They should be there before the D-line...Damn, the Rams have some pretty outstanding o-linemen...

Otherwise my vote goes to Brat....Stick with the damn run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, where's the o-line?

I'm an old lineman myself so I think I have a little sympathy. I blame Brat for the poor offensive line play. He didn't give the guys a chance to beat the D line in terms of screens, draws (when it makes sense to run it) or rollouts. Levi Jones wasn't fully healthy and they at times overloaded the line with blitzing Rehberg, often times causes a lot of confusion. See, I'm making excuses that I would attack on if I were someone else. What has this world come to?

i don't give a s**t about week 16. what matters to me is this sunday's game against the browns. this is no time to single out anyone for sunday's loss to the rams. it's over. let's move on. we need to learn from it, though, and i think the run with rudi johnson will once again be featured this sunday. i think the coaches got away from thinking RUN because they figured it was going to be a high scoring affair and you don't score points in bunches off the run, they just over thunk themselves, so this week against the browns, expect rudi to run for 150 plus yards and kitna to have his usual fabulous game. WHO DEY.. :blink:

don't give a s**t about week 16. what matters to me is this sunday's game against the browns. this is no time to single out anyone for sunday's loss to the rams.

Why did you respond to this thread then? Why did you even click on this thread? You fully knew this was about week 16. See the thing about forums is that they revolve many subjects and some of us like to talk about why we lost the game. If you want to talk about the Browns game, go in a thread that's talking about the Browns.

Hey, where's the o-line?

I'm an old lineman myself so I think I have a little sympathy. I blame Brat for the poor offensive line play. He didn't give the guys a chance to beat the D line in terms of screens, draws (when it makes sense to run it) or rollouts. Levi Jones wasn't fully healthy and they at times overloaded the line with blitzing Rehberg, often times causes a lot of confusion. See, I'm making excuses that I would attack on if I were someone else. What has this world come to?

O line didn't play well ..... BUT ..... one was out and one was playing hurt. Not making excuses for them, but that is a fact. It points to a problem on the line, but I think its more of a problem of depth as well as what we all knew were weaknesses at other positions.

We're all aware of it, so I'm sure coach Lewis is as well. It'll get fixed ...... can't do it all at once. As for Brat, I'm kinda on the fence. Is it bad play calling .... or is he calling the plays because of the people he's got to work with. Definitely not on the fence about the running backs though. Pick a starter and stick with him.