Graves has been put on Assignment

Kirkendall

So, Wagner for closer now?

I hope not. If he is, nothing will improve. He hasn't really had that 9th inning attitude when it comes to closing games out. I'll bet it's Coffey for now so Wagner can continue to grow, mentally. This season is lost, so might as well let the kid develop on his own -- then again, you could use that same logic to put Wagner in and see what we got.

That's what pisses me off so much Kirk. Graves has had success before, so if you wanted to get rid of him it should have been because you already had a guy to put in there that you would think could put up Graves numbers or better, but we don't have anyone like that, so what do you do. ESPN seemed to infer that it might of had something to do with him flipping off that fan, but I don't even buy that.

Typical Reds management, now your going to pay Graves 10 mill and the guy your gonna put out there will be even worse. I wish I had 10 mill or so to just throw away!

KAAAABBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

(The sound that is coming from the Reds front offices as everone's heads explode)

Reading the Enquirer this morning, and Graves thinks that there could be something wrong with his shoulder. That same view is shared by Sean Casey and Jim Bowden who both note the drop in velocity over the last year to year and a half. If so, you'd think that the Reds would've had the wherewithal ( where with all ??? ) to check this out before kicking him ( and 10 ? mil in salary ) to the curb.

Now ... none of this excuses him for flipping of a fan, but I think something a little less drastic would have gotten the message across a lot cheaper. Also ... it should be noted that the clubhouse is as upset over this cut as they were happy about the previous one. Does anyone doubt that this team is in complete disarray ??????

If YOu want jo[pw [f jd-p ................ Sorry I dropped my bottle of bourbon ..... and yeah I know that it's 10:30 am. Where was I ????? Oh .... If you want to cut guys to make this team better .... I mean guys who like O'Brien said are performing at a substandard level, then my suggestion is to start with Lindner ... Allen ... and O'Brien.

I'm done ..... and I'm out of ice ... I'll be right back.

Reds fans everywhere feels the same way! here's what i can't understand. Cincinnati sports management is always about 5-10 years behind the times. Mikey couldn't figure out the cap and FA for years, now reds management can't deal with revenue sharing and their small market. If teams like Florida, Oakland, and others can always keep up then why can't we. is our sports management really that bad. I mean I know they were bad, but THAT BAD?

I miss Schottzie 3

Reds fans everywhere feels the same way! here's what i can't understand. Cincinnati sports management is always about 5-10 years behind the times. Mikey couldn't figure out the cap and FA for years, now reds management can't deal with revenue sharing and their small market. If teams like Florida, Oakland, and others can always keep up then why can't we. is our sports management really that bad. I mean I know they were bad, but THAT BAD?

I miss Schottzie 3

Talk to Bowdon and why he never stocked our system with young arms...