Put your money where your mouth is..

Section 310

Link below is to the Vegas odds on the Bengals winning the Conference and/or

the Superbowl. While I am not a guy who believes this team will go 12-4, I do

think we deserve a little more respect than we were given...I may even make a bet as I will be in Vegas opening weekend.

Only Cleveland, Houston, Tennessee and Miami are rated lower in the AFC...I think

people around the league are slow to realize that this team is not the farce it once was...

http://www.footballodds.ws/

This is simply great, great news. Hopefully some opposing players and coaches will read this. Section 310, fell free to go and post this on some other NFL team forums...I will sing my regular battle cry...please, please, underate us!!!

Oddsmakers determine odds by who they think people will bet on,not by where they think they will finish.

Yep. Odds for anything are calculated with respect to what will get the most people to bet, not who is really the better team or more likely winner. It makes perfect sense for the odds makers to have Cincinnati pretty low. It encourages more betting from those who follow the team because they know they are better than the odds say they are. It encourages those who don't follow the team because they know Cincy from it's past and they see the odds being in line with what they already think and so they'll bet on this "sure thing."

I've always found it funny how people will complain about the odds for a given game. The odds don't mean anything. It's just the equilibrium point of the betting. Nothing more, nothing less.

Link below is to the Vegas odds on the Bengals winning the Conference and/or

the Superbowl. While I am not a guy who believes this team will go 12-4, I do

think we deserve a little more respect than we were given...I may even make a bet as I will be in Vegas opening weekend.

Only Cleveland, Houston, Tennessee and Miami are rated lower in the AFC...I think

people around the league are slow to realize that this team is not the farce it once was...

http://www.footballodds.ws/

Futures bets are funny things -- they really are more geared toward people who bet them as fun money, ie, "I'll put $10 on my favorite team to win the superbowl in 10 months -- isn't that funny." That's why the perenially popular teams like the Cowboys, Redskins and Packers will always get low odds because the handicappers know their fans will always plunk down a few bucks. The early line on futures is especially ridiculous because you're betting before the draft and any meaningful FA trades have taken place. That said, I have my obligatory $10 to win AFC and $10 to win the superbowl bets again this year. Yes, I'm one of those sucker fans who does it every year. I have some "souvenier" tickets from years pass that are 150 - 1. That would've made me some nice coin, huh? Thanks for nothing Neil O'Donnell! :rolleyes:

As for getting a futures bet down in week 1 -- the line will be much less favorable by then -- count on it. In fact, the line's already far worse than when it opened at 30-1.

[Edit: My bad--didn't see the SB @ 40-1. You can't get that line in Vegas though. I think the average line on the Bengals is like 22-1 now in Vegas.]