has groffey lost some power?

turningpoint

Any1 else notice he looks like he's a doubles machine now.. with al those doubles seeming to be hitting off the outfield fences though...

I mean i think if half his doubles traveled 10 more feet they'd be hr's.

he already has 12 doubles on the season and only 3 hrs.

just a random though.

Of course he has. I think he's still capable of hitting 40 hrs...he just needs to find his groove again. It's tough when you've taken so much time off.

A lot of a hr hitters power, I would think, comes from their legs. We know why his may be a little weaker than they used to be. Plus, he's just getting a little older. It happens.

Yes, but only naturally due to his age. To reiterate what Sky said, I think the stats for his homers are misleading because of the amount of time missed due to injury. He's finally getting his timing down, seen plenty of live pitching now, and his routine now includes getting ready for games. He hadn't played since last summer, so I'm sure a reintroduction towards the game was needed -- and that was what April was.

I think him hitting doubles to all sides of the field is a good indication his power is coming back too. His timing looks to be very close to being full.

I'll say, this season, he finishes with over 40 still IF injury stays away.

Duhhhhhhhhhhh. The Man hardly works out, of course he has lost power. At least he isnt juicing up though. I mean a normal 35 year old these days in baseball would be hitting 60 homers a year.

How do you know the man hardly works out? Everything I've heard says that he has been working his tail off.

Duhhhhhhhhhhh. The Man hardly works out, of course he has lost power. At least he isnt juicing up though.  I mean a normal 35 year old these days in baseball would be hitting 60 homers a year.

How do you know the man hardly works out? Everything I've heard says that he has been working his tail off.

Yea. He has a world class gym at home -- must be nice -- and trainers out the ying-yang. However, before coming to the Reds, one of the biggest stigma's against Jr. was his workout ethics (none).