Chris Henry: Just Potential?

TecmoFever

Hard to evaluate a player that hasnt played a down of NFL football yet..

the potential is there by all accounts...Ive read where he doesnt like anything over the middle but I see him as a long threat... His concentration has lapses..He drops balls but so does Chad.. I hope he is everything we wish him to be.. Time will tell.

What I'm saying is Walter and the special teams unity is jeopardized by attrition through the addition of Henry, who will obviously be on the 53-man and has a real shot to be the 3rd receiver on the team this year.

It's funny how we can see the same things but react different. I'm actually encouraged by the idea that players are less likely to make the roster based soley on their special teams value.

Modern day special teams are constantly churning due to a multitude of roster demands and this move is no different. It adds a player who can play a major role in the base offense, and provides tremendous flexibility to future plans for the WR position. You don't sacrifice that for a solid special team player like Kevin Walter.

Last, regardless of what fate awaits Kevin Walter, Darrin Simmons is going to have some outstanding athletes to develope into the next gunner, kick returner, or wedge buster. I have no doubt they'll remain a solid unit and may even improve dramatically if a real return threat can be found.

Myles and Wilkins will be here for ST's and I think Perry has a good shot to make the coverage squad. I think Walter's days are numbered. I do not think that's a bad thing.

As for Henry, all I've seen are highlights -- which are just that HIghlights. I have no idea if this guy shows up only when he feels like it (ala Moss), feigns blocks (ala most WR's) or plays a compete game. I do know that he looks to have exceptional hands and will not be expected to set the world on fire because we have good, productive receivers in front of him already. Sounds to me like a real good set up for him. Also sounds to me like he will get worked in a little at a time. As for his career how the hell do I know? That's why I left the poll blank. :D