Wily Mo vs. Kearns

The Brew Man

Ok, trading an outfielder not only won't happen, but it would, realistically, hurt our team.

Wily Mo is hurt, Kearns and Griffey haven't had a full season. With our uncertainty of injury, we have to keep all four.

Casey, I think is the most viable to be traded. However, then you have the money argument -- his paycheck is way bigger than his production.

This team needs to take on the Mike Brown plan for rebuilding. ^_^^_^

Who cares...it won't make a difference if our bullpen can't hold a lead...

Bullpen can't hold a lead? Dude, the starting pitchers can't hold a lead either.

Last night was prime example of our bullpen. Review the games. You'll see how many leads we had, or tied games, when our bullpen quickly put us 4-5 runs behind.

Although I've been incredibly disappointed in Wilson; we're getting what I thought out of Milton; the jury is still out on Ortiz and I don't know what to say about Clauss..

Harang on the other hand, has out performed anyone on this team. Last nights' performance was simply superb. I don't want to call him our current ace, which he is with ERA and such. But I do think we should hold on to him via extension. He's a solid #2 and a consistent #3 starter. At least fill that gap while we search for our ace... or hope one of the current one's rise to the occassion.

I would move Wily Mo to left, put Freel in right, bring Stafford up from AAA and put him on first and trade Dunn, Kearns and Casey for one decent starting pitcher.

My ideal lineup.

1. FREEL - 2B

2. LOPEZ - SS

3. GRIFFEY - CF

4. DUNN - 1B

5. WILY MO - LF

6. KEARNS - RF

7. RANDA - 3B

8. LARUE - C

9. pitcher

ha can we just clone ryan freel and put him at 2nd and in right, he is probably our best fielder, him and randa. but i would also say i like willy mo a little more than kearns

• 3 weeks later...
I would move Wily Mo to left, put Freel in right, bring Stafford up from AAA and put him on first and trade Dunn, Kearns and Casey for one decent starting pitcher.

My ideal lineup.

1. FREEL - 2B

2. LOPEZ - SS

3. GRIFFEY - CF

4. DUNN - 1B

5. WILY MO - LF

6. KEARNS - RF

7. RANDA - 3B

8. LARUE - C

9. pitcher

Looks good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, Casey would bring a LOT. He's a solid hitter, (back at .320 again), a leader, and someone that loves this city and doesn't complain....EVER. His fielding is also superb, and I would be sad to see him leave because of all the aspects he brings on and off the field. If the Reds just had a damn farm system that could produce any good pitchers, that would be awesome, but it won't happen. I think right now it looks like Kearns may be the one to go if anyone, but maybe if the Reds trade someone down in the farm, (and Olmedo or Machado) and someone up here, they might be able to get a decent pitcher, so that they would have solid pitching in Harang, Claussen and the new guy.

I think I'm just rambling now and I have to get up to work soon, so I think I'm just gonna go to bed. I hate the Reds being solid all of a sudden, cuz they're soooo out of the race. <_<

My ideal lineup has since changed due to the season being further along (and Miley reading our posts) B)

1. Lopez - SS

2. Randa - 3B

3. Griffey Jr. - CF

4. Wily Mo - RF

5. Dunn - LF

6. Casey - 1B

7. Aurilia - 2B

8. LaRue - C

9 picher

Rotation:

1. Harang

2. Claussen

3. Ortiz

4. Hudson

5. Milton

I think right now it looks like Kearns may be the one to go if anyone, but maybe if the Reds trade someone down in the farm,

My impression about trade possibilities is that I really believe we're going to go through another firesale like '03 Except, this time, fans are more willing to follow suit IF we rebuild this time the right way.

However, our farm is incredibly weak right now and is the one aspect in full need of our attention. If we rebuild it, our future will be ok.

First to go? I say Adam Dunn. Trading him makes too much sense (points made here)

You're right about Casey though.

First to go? I say Adam Dunn. Trading him makes too much sense

I'd rather see him go than Casey. Griffey is also outplaying Dunn this year as long as he can stay healthy...

I'd rather let go of Kearns before Dunn, but we wouldn't get as much for him as we would for Dunn, obviously.

Milton is a joke. I like Kearns but I dont' like his comments about being sent down. How about you sack it up and hit higher than .169 with runners in scoring position and then maybe you wont' be sitting on the bench. The Reds would be best suited to trade Kearns to Atlanta and try to get one of their young good catching prospects, maybe McCann or something like that.

A fresh start for him is what he needs and we need more future leverage because the only thing that comes out of the Reds farm system is outfielders.