Gamers

JBrooks

Alright, I seem to have a good bead on the board regulars as far as Cincinnati knowledge, but I'm curious as to how you guys see the rest of the NFL.

Here's a scenario: You've got a solid foundation for the team going into the playoffs, the regular season, and future as a franchise...who in the NFL do you most at QB, RB, WR, TE, MLB, CB, S?

Playoffs, I'll take:

QB A healthy McNair

RB Deuce McCallister

WR Marvin Harrison

TE Shannon Sharpe

MLB Ray Lewis

CB Troy Vincent

S Brian Dawkins

Season:

QB Manning (McNair just doesn't stay healthy through the season)

RB Jamal Lewis (Every down back)

WR Again, Marvin Harrison

TE Tony Gonzalez

MLB Ray Lewis

CB Champ Bailey

S Brian Dawkins

Building a Franchise:

QB Tom Brady (Dude wins, will only get better)

RB Rudi Johnson (My most bias pick. I was thinking Portis, but he's too fragile. Rudi doesn't fumble, either)

WR Chad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TE Todd Heap

MLB Andre Davis of Cleveland (The guy'll be a perennial all pro)

CB Terrence Newman of Dallas

S Adam Archuleta (This guy could hurt our boys come Sunday)

Give me some arguments Bengals fans. You guys know your football.

Nice topic.

Playoffs

QB - Brady - the guys proves he knows how to win in high pressure situations.

RB - Jamal Lewis - He has the ability to take over a game at will.

WR - Moss - scores at will.

TE - Sharpe - knows how to do it time in and out.

MLB - R.Lewis - He's the best big game d guy out there.

CB - Ty Law.

S - Lynch.

Season

QB - McNair - only reason why Titans are playing so well.

RB - A.Green - He's the most consistant RB in the league, he's overshadowed by the likes of Holmes, Marshall and the youngers. But his numbers are just as good as anyone.

WR - Harrison - Prove me wrong with his numbers last season, honorable mention goes to Holt.

TE - Sharpe - knows how to do it time in and out. Plus he's a good clubhouse guy.

MLB - R.Lewis and Z.Thomas - Both are around every play but I edge towards Lewis because Thomas does get hurt.

CB - Patrick Surtain - Most underrated CBs in the game.

S - Rodney Harrison - Biggest steal in the offseason.

Future

QB - Palmer - why not, he's the future anyway, lets roll with it.

RB - Portis/LT - these guys are simply amazing.

WR - Chad definately, but honorable mention goes to Boldin.

TE - Dallas Clark - I love this guy, he's going to be a great TE, not as much notority as Shockey, but with Manning as the gun slinger, he'll be the Novechek or the Clark of their days.

MLB - David Thornton of Indy. I really like this guy.

CB - Terrance Newman - Good pick JB, he's simply awesome.

S - Brian Russell - Really proven his worth this season. Doss gets honorable mention for being an OSU guy.

I want in on this. I apologize in advance for being a homer, but it seems that the Pro-Bowl voters wouldn't completely disagree with me.

QB: Manning - Best pure QB in the game

RB: JLew - he's, um, good and stuff

WR: Moss - I've got a non sexual crush on the most physically gifted wide receiver to ever play the game

TE: Gonzalez (I'd take Heap if he had a little more experience)

MLB: mmmmm, Kendrell Bell, oh wait, no, ummm, Urlacher, no, wrong again...I'll keep thinking....I know there has to be somebody I like...if only there was a middle linebacker who was the most dominant defensive player in all of football...

CB: The Chris McAlister that has shown up the last 6-8 weeks, the one who shut down Torry Holt, TO, and your own Chad "7-11 got robbed" Johnson. Otherwise a healthy Charles Woodson from a couple of years ago. (Hell, if I'm playing that game I want Deion or a young Rod Woodson)

S: Ed Reed, Safety, Pro-Bowler, Playmaker 4 year starter and captain from the University of Miami (Although Brian Dawkins gets major consideration)

hmm, not as bad as I thought it would be...

:D

MLB: mmmmm, Kendrell Bell, oh wait, no, ummm, Urlacher, no, wrong again...I'll keep thinking....I know there has to be somebody I like...if only there was a middle linebacker who was the most dominant defensive player in all of football...

You must be thinking of Takeo Spikes. Don't think he's the most dominant lb in the game ???? Just ask him. :rolleyes:

QB "D Mac" (Donovan McNabb)Eagles or Steve "S Mac"Mc Nair

RB Ricky Williams Miami

WR Chad "C.J." Johnson hands down

CB Tory " T.J."James or Artrell "Arty H." Hawkins

S ?

TE - Shannon Sharpe

MLB - Ray Lewis

Pinky (Chad "C.J." Johnson's Most loyalest fan!!!!)

like Arizona I am not sexually attracted to him I just recognize a baller when I see one!!! :D