Uniforms

JDog21

I have to believe that this is unsubstantiated, but as I'm away from Cincy, maybe I'm not getting as much junk on the team as I otherwise might. I've heard snippets about the team completely retooling the unifprms after this season. Anyone have any thoughts or more info (i.e. rumors)?

For the record, I loved the black pants (something I've thought would look great for years), despite the result we got on opening day. Were the black pants just the beginning?

I haven't heard anything consistant. I think they should change the uni's but keep the helmets -- those stripes rule. The blacks pants were nice but I think the Bengals thought it was a bad omen considering the end result. However, not even the players knew about the pants until about an hour before game time so if they are to garner different shirts and pants next season I don't know if we'll hear anything offical until game time.

Welcome to the Board.

I remember reading on Bengals.com that the new pants had been OK'd by the league for 2 games. It's evidently in keeping with the league rules for uniform changes. Since the last game of the season was at home, they decided that would be the second game for the new pants. I seem to be the minority here, but I don't know how I feel about them yet. Everything seems to run together on them. Needs some contrast.

My thing is, if you can go all-white 8 times a year, why not all-black? I don't care what team it is, all-white unis look awful-I mean hands-down, the worst look in pro sports, from NYJ to Minnesota (except for maybe that brown-jesey, orange-pants thing that the north-siders did on MNF 2 weeks ago).

I'm cool with the white pants at home, but at least keep the black legs for the road.

1 - the black pants will be worn agenst the browns

2 - they will be worn all season next year with alittle extras (like an orange stripe down the sides)

3 - the helmets will stay the same (thank GOD) most original in the NFL

4 - the jersey will change alittle but they are not saying what yet (i bet instead of the leaping tiger it will be just the snarling tigers head)

5 - THATS ALL THE INFO I HAVE ON THIS SUBJECT

Excellent info, Jbengals1. Thanks.

By the way, if anyone wants a a pretty good deal on a pretty good jersey, and I'm not trying to make Reebok any money here, NFLshop is clearing out all remaining 2001 personalized authentics for $129. Pretty good jersey. Last time I looked, they had a few Cincy jerseys left. FYI. Peace.

1 - the black pants will be worn agenst the browns

2 - they will be worn all season next year with alittle extras (like an orange stripe down the sides)

3 - the helmets will stay the same (thank GOD) most original in the NFL

4 - the jersey will change alittle but they are not saying what yet (i bet instead of the leaping tiger it will be just the snarling tigers head)

5 - THATS ALL THE INFO I HAVE ON THIS SUBJECT

Sound s good to me. I also liked the all black uniforms B)

Hopefully it isn't a curse :unsure:

I'm curious about something. The Bengals have had those cool tiger-striped helmets for years and years now. They are by far the most original and most recognizable in the league. Even with the new teams and old teams with uniform changes, why haven't there been any other teams to go against the traditional logo-on-each-side-of-the-helmet-with-a-line-down-the-middle design? In the college ranks, I can't think of anything really unique except for Notre Dame's solid metalic gold helmet.

I would have thought that given the number of years that have passed, that someone else would have tried something new and/or different with the helmets....

I would have thought that given the number of years that have passed, that someone else would have tried something new and/or different with the helmets....

Good point even though from a Wildcat, shesh!. Seriously, if I were to guess it would be because of alumni whose financial influence tend to remember traditions and memories, but of course that's a guess and nothing else. As for NFL, teams have for some reason changed their uniforms and won well, I guess this was like a virus in the league the past 20 years. That's ok though, as long as we have the stripes, nothing comes close to us.