Do you think Rudi would pull a Henry?

walzav29

Henry has a legitimate arguement, he should want to go somewhere where he'll get carries.

Henry is gonna screw himself out of football. He says he'll never play for the Bills again, but irf Buffalo dosen't get a decent trade for him they aren't gonna trade him.

So if he sits out it'll be 1 1/2 years out of the game, not good for a FA.

Heres the thing, he would have been worth a second before last year, he's put up numbers for 3 years, hes a proven commodity.

We had the trade to send him to AZ for Shelton (LT) all but made, but Henry wanted a renegotiated deal, AZ wanted him to play the final year of his contract at 1.2 million or so, thats what shot the deal down.

And even if we lowered our demands who would trade for him?? Nobody who needs a RB is gonna give up picks for Henry when the draft is full of them.

Plus where can we get a backup of his caliber for 1.2 million a season, and he ain't gonna hold out, it'll hurt him alot more than it'll hurt us.

I see a draft day trade, or a training camp trade after somebody goes down to injury, or quits to smoke the herb. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded him for a 06 4th with a possible 2nd or 3rd depending on his production.

I don't see anything getting done anytime soon. There's teams out there that are definately interested in getting a RB like Henry, but now's thier time to try and low ball the Bills as much as possible to try and get a bargain. The Bills would be wise to wait until draft time, when the tide starts to turn on these franchises looking for a RB. Sometime in the early 2nd when Ciatrick Fiason goes off the board and teams without a RB, and no opening day starting caliber backs left on the board, start to panick a little and Henry starts looking a whole lot better. They might be able to get a 2nd for him but probably a 3rd, or maybe worse depending on his contract demands. You really can't be sure though, because there seems to be fewer teams than usaull with unsettled RB positions.

As far as Rudi and Chris go, I hope both of them understand that part of thier job from here on out might involve a little lead blocking. I'm sure Brat would be interested in testing out a package where both RB are in at the same time in split backs formation or something, and I'm sure there would be times Rudi might have to lead block for Chris and vice versa. A little dirty work ;)

You guys are in a great situation up and down your offense right now, I looked at your contracts and everyone is tied up for the next 4 years or so.

Honestly I don't see Perry becoming an every down back in the NFL, I think he was a stretch for you guys with your first rounder but whats done is done.

Rudi however seems like the real deal, and from hearing interviews with him he seems like a team guy whos bought what ML is selling. Hes big and strong and he can carry the load for 16 games, (I'll make it 16+ when I see it :) )