Carson Palmer sounds unhappy

lambert58

What's up Bengals,

Thought I would check in to see how it was going over here.

I read this morning that Marvin Lewis had moved Carson Palmer to #3 on the depth chart.

I didn't really understand the move, even though it was somewhat explained.

I was even more surprised by Palmers comments which were somehing to the effect of, "It's not what I wanted at all, it's what the coach want's and I trust the guy."

He said more but he didn't sound to happy.

Is that a smart move right now? What do you think?

I think I would take my chances with Palmer if something happened to Kitna.

Sounds a bit confusing for next year.

By the way, who's gonna be covering Terrell Owens this week?

Thanks,

Lambert 58

He was moved down to #3 previous to the Baltimore game. M.Lewis didn't want Palmer to play the Ravens defense if Kitna were to get hurt or had problems overcoming his flu issues.

I agree with the move, and until the Bengals are eliminated from the playoffs we won't see Palmer move to #2. Of course if the Bengals lose two consecutive games, then I can see Palmer starting against Cleveland. Obviously Marvin moved him to #3 for a reason, either great practices by Mathews or Palmer just not being ready for the big show, either way we just need be patient and the football gods will reward us.

I think Palmer is just frustrated about moving down, after all it's a demotion, but I think in about a week or two it'll blow over. I only say that because if the Bengals go into the playoffs, then Kitna would obviously be the man. If they don't, then Palmer will get experience time.

Best way to cover Owens is to blitz the hell out of Garcia. I honestly don't think we have anyone to cover Owens consistantly. Burris and James were owned last week and if we sit back in coverage all day, I think this will be a shootout.

Well, of course Palmer wouldn't like the demotion, nobody likes getting demoted. But he knows it's for a reason, and the most important thing is that he trusts coach Lewis. That's invaluable. and even as 3rd QB he could still play in a game, it just means that Kitna and Matthews can't touch a ball after he plays, but if Palmer is in, then that wouldn't be an issue anyway.

He was moved down to #3 previous to the Baltimore game. M.Lewis didn't want Palmer to play the Ravens defense if Kitna were to get hurt or had problems overcoming his flu issues.

I agree with the move, and until the Bengals are eliminated from the playoffs we won't see Palmer move to #2. Of course if the Bengals lose two consecutive games, then I can see Palmer starting against Cleveland. Obviously Marvin moved him to #3 for a reason, either great practices by Mathews or Palmer just not being ready for the big show, either way we just need be patient and the football gods will reward us.

I think Palmer is just frustrated about moving down, after all it's a demotion, but I think in about a week or two it'll blow over. I only say that because if the Bengals go into the playoffs, then Kitna would obviously be the man. If they don't, then Palmer will get experience time.

Best way to cover Owens is to blitz the hell out of Garcia. I honestly don't think we have anyone to cover Owens consistantly. Burris and James were owned last week and if we sit back in coverage all day, I think this will be a shootout.

Got to agree. Marvin Lewis will put Palmer in when he can expect that Plamer will have a chance to do well and learn something in the process. Neither of those were going to happen last Sunday. Kitna was our best chance to win. If something happens to him then you go with the experienced hand, You don't throw your future franchise qb to the sharks.

Palmer has been showing signs of life since David Carr came to town. He said then that he was " getting antsy " to play. Going to 3rd string takes him farther from that, and with Palmers competetive nature I wouldn't expect it to sit well with him.

I think the whole situation has more to do with how the seaon is progressing than how Carson Palmer is progressing. Coach Lewis doesn't seem to be one to pull punches when he thinks a player is " lacking ". If he thought Palmer wasn't measuring up, I'm sure he'd be very clear about it.

And Yeah I think he was Coach Lewis' choice. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be here.