C.J. Mosley

Qc_Bengals

I've never heard this guy's name on the forum, but i think he could be the answer to our dt situation. Not the big body some are oping for, buy an amazing athlete who could get in the backfield both on the run and in passing situations (he had 14 takles for loss an 6.5 sacks with Missouri)

He is 6'3" and weight 305 pounds

I think at long term he will be better than travis johnson, because johnson is underweight and will have trouble with big linemans, but Mosley can take the pounding and is very strong.

I've never heard this guy's name on the forum, but i think he could be the answer to our dt situation. Not the big body some are oping for, buy an amazing athlete who could get in the backfield both on the run and in passing situations (he had 14 takles for loss an 6.5 sacks with Missouri)

He is 6'3" and weight 305 pounds

I think at long term he will be better than travis johnson, because johnson is underweight and will have trouble with big linemans, but Mosley can take the pounding and is very strong.

He's been mentioned here, but he was such a late addition to the underclassmen ranks he's been hard to scout. Mizzou' games aren't shown alot, and despite his abilities and production, Attiyah Ellison played pretty well next to him and during the Senior Bowl and practices.

* One thing to note, is the fact that Mosley should be considered a late first to mid second round selection. Combination of size and production warrant that at least.

Travis Johnson will end up with the highest grade given to an interior defensive lineman. The only thing hurting that, is the fact that this years' class has been depleted because of the past few years classes being so rich. Johnson combines great height at 6'5 and very good size at 290 lbs. But his initial quickness and '40 times are as good as they come. Mosley's '40 times are considered comparable, but look for Johnson to be taken first. Once the Combine has passed ( Starting next weekend Feb.26th.) We'll get a good look at Mosley and Johnson together.

Hard to think that Mosley would move ahead of Johnson or Hawthorne at this point in time.But he could be # 48 if things worked out that way.

I'd lobby harder for Ellison. Just watching him in the Senior Bowl, it was clear he's athletic enough and quick enough at the line to penetrate and stunt, which he did during the game. Plus he's got power w/ excellent feet and won't get blown off line or stood up w/o chance to tackle. I've now got Bengals taking him at #48 and he'd be an immediate upgrade at RDT over Moore, who lacks the atheltic ability that Ellison has.

As for Mosley, I can't imagine ML wanting to fool with another early entry project like Askew, especially w/ a prime 2nd rd pick unless the talent is just too good to pass.