Regroup Time and other stuff

BengalBobNC

Yeah, hats off to the Ravens. They were completely fired up to play us (respect). We had problems all over the place, including an off game by the O-line.

We'll regroup against the 49ers. Regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs...we have still had an incredible year so far. I personally thought Marvin lewis would need about 2-3 yrs to turn the team around. He's done it in less than 1 year! You can bet that a lot of QUALITY free agents will be wanting to play for us next year. Unlike years past where we only got the guys looking for one more year.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again: I am not sold on the Corey/Rudi shared backfield. I know...the O-line did not help. Corey is a stud...no doubt...but so is Rudi. While Rudi was the featured back he pounded out big games. Not against a run stuffing team like the Ravens, but still very consistent. IMO the Bengals are playing Dillon to prove he's still got it so that his trade value does not fall to far. If it were me (and I'd make a HORRIBLE Head Coach or GM, I'm too emotional!) I would start Rudi, give him the bulk of the run plays, and bring in Corey to give Rudi a couple of downs rest when he needs it.

Either way, Coach Lewis obviously knows what he is doing, we are 7-6 in December and still have a chance at the playoffs! We also have a very real shot at a winning record...our first since 1990.

Yeah, I can hear the Free Agents thinking Orange and Black right now.