Rather flip burgers than play for Cincinnati

Dan2330

Way to diss your former team in front of one the largest sports tv audience Chris! For those few that may of missed it, after CD scored his touchdown, Collinsworth belts out the now in-famous CD quote about him rather be flipping burgers than play for Cincy. Not too say that got me plenty of laughs and picked on at the Super Bowl party I was at.

Does anyone know if this was Aikman, Buck, Collinsworth first Super Bowl? They seemed off key all game, Chris must of said at least three times that when New England beat Pittsburgh last week (it was two weeks ago burger boy!)

[Way to diss your former team in front of one the largest sports tv audience Chris! For those few that may of missed it, after CD scored his touchdown, Collinsworth belts out the now in-famous CD quote about him rather be flipping burgers than play for Cincy. QUOTE]

Hate Collinsworth......every chance the guy gets he bashes cincinnati..........whats the deal???????? I hate him, couldn't believe when some people called him their favorite bengal ever...........my least favorite........

I didn't hear it, and nobody gave me any crap for it (I was decked out in my Bengals gear, so they would have come to me with any smack).

They did get really angry with me when I told them that Emmitt Smith was a cherry-picker who only stayed around to lounge his way through 50 and 60-yard games to break the rushing record. Cowboys fans are funny...they get really angry really fast.

BN1281

Troy Aikman does a pretty good job, Joe Buck is a baseball guy that is doing well, but CC is negative. I like Phil Simms because he is a positive guy in his remarks. I don't care for the Sunday nite crew. I wouldn't might seeing all three go. Al Michals ego has grown too large. He used to be okay, but now I hate him. I still like the former players doing the games because they have been there and know whats going on. They know what a player is thinking.

Up until last season, I thought the the CBS crew of Phil Simms, Greg Gumble, and Armen K were the best. They were always postive. Last season, no crew stood out to me. John Madden is old school and I like that, but Al is a ego jerk. IMO, he repeats a lot of the same stuff that Madden had already said. I could just do without the ego, same with Joe T. on Sundays. Mike Patrick is another guy that I could do without. Every player in the "best ever". I like listening to the ex-players, as long as their ego don'e get in the way. I've been watching some old tapes, and guys that I miss are Charlie Joiner, Bob Trumpy from NBC. Again those guys were postive and fun to listen to.

How is that bashing cincinnati? You guys are way to touchy to be football fans if you think that is bashing. All he did was quote Dillon. That's his job. He didn't say anything negative about cincinnati AT ALL. Get over it :rolleyes:

I agree. We can laugh when Homer Simpson has a Bengals tattoo that he is trying to get rid of but get pissed when a guy repeats something that an ex-player said about the Bengals.

We can't deny that he said it. All I know is that this is not Corey Dillon's Bengals anymore.

PS: Boomer did the game on radio with Marv Albert.

John Madden is old school and I like that, but Al is a ego jerk. IMO, he repeats a lot of the same stuff that Madden had already said.

I guess the one thing that drives me nuts about Al is that each play that doesn't confirm to the standard NFL type drive, play, or time management, he becomes very questionable on the teams, coaches or players. It's almost a surprise (sometimes immediately critical) to him when something goes outside the ordinary.

But I like Al. From the hockey game, Cincinnati Reds games, to MNF; the guy will always be remembered as a great.

As for John, I completely agree, he's old school. He's the man. My biggest thing about John, other than his Madden-cruiser and video games, is he is quick to compliment offensive line on national TV -- there's a little pride there inside of me. B)

Al's been around. I used to like him, but it just seems that the past couple of years that (to me) his ego has grown. He comes off as being bigger than the game. He makes mistakes, just like everyone else does, but he tries to do analysis of a play, and he screws that up. Play-by-play he does okay, and that is what he should stick to. Who is he to say what a player should have done. He needs to leave that to Madden.

Al's been around. I used to like him, but it just seems that the past couple of years that (to me) his ego has grown. He comes off as being bigger than the game. He makes mistakes, just like everyone else does, but he tries to do analysis of a play, and he screws that up. Play-by-play he does okay, and that is what he should stick to. Who is he to say what a player should have done. He needs to leave that to Madden.

I can definitely see that.

How is that bashing cincinnati? You guys are way to touchy to be football fans if you think that is bashing. All he did was quote Dillon. That's his job. He didn't say anything negative about cincinnati AT ALL. Get over it :rolleyes:

I agree. We can laugh when Homer Simpson has a Bengals tattoo that he is trying to get rid of but get pissed when a guy repeats something that an ex-player said about the Bengals.

We can't deny that he said it. All I know is that this is not Corey Dillon's Bengals anymore.

I for one didn't laugh at the Simpons crack, nor do I laugh everytime that fat slob Berman calls them the Benguls (or whatever the hell it is) nor do I laugh everytime Irvin makes some wise ass remark about them, nor do I laugh everytime that me (a "touchy" football fan) drives all the way from Chicago to at least 3 games a season and also shells out $200 plus to watch them on the Sunday ticket.

I guess I would classify it more as 'frustrated', frustrated in the fact that it seems that no matter what this team does they still can not get any respect, not from the media, nor from the players. Just how many possible players did we lose again to free agency last year because the last place they want to play is Cincy.

So I guess the comment CC made was GOOD for the team then? But hey maybe I am being too touchy after 15 or so years of frustration!

I for one didn't laugh at the Simpons crack, nor do I laugh everytime that fat slob Berman calls them the Benguls (or whatever the hell it is) nor do I laugh everytime Irvin makes some wise ass remark about them, nor do I laugh everytime that me (a "touchy" football fan) drives all the way from Chicago to at least 3 games a season and also shells out $200 plus to watch them on the Sunday ticket.

I guess I would classify it more as 'frustrated', frustrated in the fact that it seems that no matter what this team does they still can not get any respect, not from the media, nor from the players. Just how many possible players did we lose again to free agency last year because the last place they want to play is Cincy.

So I guess the comment CC made was GOOD for the team then? But hey maybe I am being too touchy after 15 or so years of frustration!

Well look at it this way: ATLEAST THE BENGALS WERE ACTUALLY MENTIONED IN A SUPER BOWL! WE'RE ON OUR WAY!!!

Dan I am just trying to show how hypocritical we can all be, that's all. I can shrug of many wise cracks about the team but I had to listen to a bunch of people at the SB party tell me how they wanted Dillon to do good just to show up Mike Brown.

To me there is a difference between something comical like the Simpsons and listening to Michael Irvin poison the airwaves with his anti-Bengal BS.

I spend over $1K on season tickets per year, so I feel your pain. Someday we will all be celebrating this team. Even the nay-sayers of today (if we let them).