Answer this College Football Experts

walzav29

This site has Wright ranked as the #1 DT coming out

in the draft. But it also says he is an underclassman.

Has he officially declared ?

1.*Rodrique Wright 6-5, 320 Texas

2.Travis Johnson 6-4, 290 Florida State (L)

3.Shaun Cody 6-4, 285 4.95 Southern California

4.*Orien Harris 6-3, 300 Miami

5.Anttaj Hawthorne 6-3, 315 5.15 Wisconsin

* - indicates underclassman

L - indicates player with a legal concern that could affect their ultimate draft status.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005dts.htm

I think they should not be concerned with DT and just convert Stacy Andrews to DT. He would be a monster on the other side of the line.

The only reason that may be a good idea is that he's not played enough to be appreciably more raw at DT than he is at OT. But what's his disposition like? Is he mean enough for DT, and if he's mean enough, is he........MEAN enough? I wouldn't want to convert a guy from OT to DT unless he was one ornery bastard.

I really don't want them to pick a DT in the first round anyway, I would rather see them bring in a big FA, draft another DT in about the third and have the FA and Thorton groom the draft pick and Askew for a year. I will be dissapointed if I don't see more of Askew in the rotation next year. Plus, factor in young Langston Moore, not to mention went don't even know what those two DT's we picked up in the middle of the season will do if either one of them is here next year(if one team didn't want them, why would we, though) If you add that up with our "current" roster, that's too many DT's

It's not that I don't like Anttaj Hawthorne, it's just that I don't see in him a 3 down player. He looks more like a first and second down run stuffer. Now don't get me wrong , he's done that well in college, but in the bowl game against the Bulldogs, I saw a guy that took a lot of plays off, didn't fight through double teams, and his one play of note was a sack that was aided by another players' pass rush.

Does he have a first round grade : Yes only because the DT crop isn't as top notch as in year's past.

Is there a DT worthy of a # 17 pick : Travis Johnson DT, Florida St. has had a great year, and he'll be a fine NFL player, But I wouldn't mind if we traded down or took a CB or DE with that pick.

- If we take Hawthorne would I treat him like Chris Perry :..... <_< No :D