REDS sign JOE RANDA and 4 pitchers

semiotter

Well the REDS signed JOE RANDA to a one year deal. I have always liked RANDA he seems to always latch on with the clubs that are on the bottom of there division. But he is a good player and we need a 3rd baseman.

The REDS also signed KENT MERCKER(how many times does that make?),DAVID WEATHERS, BEN WEBER and RAMON ORTIZ. I remember ORTIZ having a good year for the ANGELS the year they won the WORLD SERIES!!!

So they did a little dealing , no big names but we knew that wasn't going to happen. But I think it will help. B)

They are also looking into SP Wade Miller. They should trade one of the OF for some pitching since the signing of Randa pretty muchs says Kearns at third didn't work out.

First of all, this team is far better than last year at this time. So I'm very encouraged to see the signings. Secondly, I wouldn't trade anyone in the outfield because the only thing we'd get into return are pitching prospects -- all of which, in the past 5 years, has never developed.

No one wants Griffey's contract, nor his knack for getting injured, therefore either Kearns or Pena will be slotted as the 4th outfielder. Don't worry, he'll get plenty of playing time in anticipation of jr. getting hurt.

As a life-long Royals fan, I hate to see this happen. Joe Randa was my favorite Royal, I have his #16 hanging up in my closet right now, and one of my good friends called me on the last day of the season so I could hear Randa's last at-bat as a Royal. He was a great leader and a great player, and I will miss watching him make the great plays that he made without getting any big-name recognition.

I hope that he does for the Reds what he did for the Royals. I will be rooting for him.

oh, and while I am here, I just want to say that George Brett is the greatest player who ever lived.

BN1281

George Brett was a great player, but to say that there ever was might be a little far fetched. But no doubt he was the greatest ROYAL...I always liked AMOS OTIS. ;)