SOLICH!

WhoDey42

I've been wanting to post something about this for a long time. But I was afraid he would pull out at the last minute. But it's Official!

Frank Solich will be announced as the new Ohio University Football coach. The press conference is at 1pm tomorrow. This is the best news to hit Ohio University in a long time! Our program actually has a name. And has hope. We will get national respect for this, also national respect for the MAC. This is a huge steal.

ESPN News Report

GO BOBCATS

GO BENGALS

I don't really see anyone rectifying the program though, it doesn't matter who they bring in personally.

Do you still feel this way, Terry Tate? Just curious as to if you think he will make a difference.

BTW, he will be introduced at the basketball game Saturday, if anyone around here would like to see.

Also, I have heard some talk of Turner Gill also possibly joining Solich as OC. Now that would be AWESOME!

Yeah, I heard Cooper as a possible name being thrown around for the Ohio job. I wasn't completly against that. Bill Conley was also interviewed. Many people wanted him. But I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this hire. Looks like Tom Boeh, the athletic director, saved himself from getting canned with this hire.

The difference between OSU and OU is that OSU is always going to be in the national spotlight no matter what. This is what OU needed to be recognized around the country. This is a huge step to becoming nationally recognized.

You cannot deny that Frank Solich is a great coach. He has a .753 winning percentage. He went 59-19 @ Nebraska. He was a two time Big 12 coach of the year. He coached Nebraska in the National Championship game in 2001. All this is not a mistake. He is a great coach. After they went 7-7 one season, he realized they had problems, he completly revamped his coaching staff. Also, this past year he has been traveling around the country viewing dozens of NFL and college programs. Looking at different coaching styles and progams around the country.

The difference between OSU and OU is that OSU is always going to be in the national spotlight no matter what. This is what OU needed to be recognized around the country. This is a huge step to becoming nationally recognized.

I wouldn't discredit the MAC so quickly. There's a good chance, within the next 5+ years, they could be apart of the BCS -- if it's around then.

As an OU alum I got excited about OU football for the first time in about 3 years.

3 years?!? When were you ever excited about the team when Brian Knorr was coaching?

:lol::lol:

I have a feeling we will still have the saying for many years to come whenever we do something stupid... "We just got Knorred."

BTW, if any Ohio alums are interested in watching the news conference, I hear that it will be showing on ESPNews @ 1pm. I'm not sure if this is true, but I'll be there in the Convo watching it on the video boards, then Frank Solich is going to be coming out and addressing the crowd.

As an OU alum I got excited about OU football for the first time in about 3 years.

3 years?!? When were you ever excited about the team when Brian Knorr was coaching?

:lol::lol:

I have a feeling we will still have the saying for many years to come whenever we do something stupid... "We just got Knorred."

My buddy Joe Mohler played for the team and he had a long TD run. i think we were playing someone we shouldn't have had a chance with but we had a chance which made it fun.

They still won't be able to hold a candle to Miami U!!!

MAC is the conf. no one wants to play. QB conf for the NFL.

I watched Big Ben live, tear apart the patsies from Marshall last year.

Still brings a tear to my eye when I think of him falling to the Steelers in the draft...

Go Skins

Yeah, Miami U cranks out pro athletes in both sports (Football and Basketball).

OU churns them out at a slower rate, but at least we get them there.

Wonder how Brandon Hunter's doing? :unsure:

Anyway, I always found it ironic watching Ben play our hapless Bobcats, I always thought he was slow scrambling around back there.

But I mean, its a whole different atmosphere going to a football game and watching one on TV.

Hmm...how times changed.

(I also see you attended Miami U pre-Red-Hawk days huh?)

I can't believe WillisXPress is a OU alum.  Oh well, small world huh?

I don't know much about Solich, but hopefully this will get the program turned around in a hurry.

Hopefully.

He was decent at nebraska, .700+ winning percentage. He'll run the option.

The option? :blink:

Didn't we just have the option? :angry:

Man, I do not want to see that again.

At the press conference today, Solich made it clear that we won't be a strictly option team. He said he went around the country to many programs this past year and he is going to have a balanced offense. He joked and said that he's drawn up so many pass patterns over this past year wouldn't believe.

BTW, Brandon Hunter played for the Celtics last year then was drafted by the Bobcats in the expansion draft. They traded him to Orlando, and he just recently was activated. I belive that Gary Trent is still without a job after he was cut by the Bulls.

Trent made a run of it, he was at his best playing with the Mavericks.

You couldn't tell Brandon s**t when he was here at school, I didn't know him but he looked like his s**t didn't stink.

Hey, League Minimum is nothing to sneeze at though.