Bills fan...not here to annoy

donahoemode

Who do you think wins then, honestly? Bias, and love for yor team aside...

IF the Bills can withstand the crowd noise and limit their mistakes, I believe they can pull out a win. Their defense and special teams is no doubt playing much better than Cincys right now, but the Bengals offense is on a roll (and I believe you guys wont miss a beat with Kitna if he starts)...That being said, with myself putting all my bias aside, and trying to look at this as intelligently as possible i predict...

Bills 26 Bengals 23

I believe the Bills score on Special Teams, and control the clock with the running game. Willis and the o line are on too much of a roll to be slowed by a very average d line. You guys will keep it close though, neither team will get blown out, and if the Bills kill themselves with penalties/turnovers you guys will absolutly win, and win big.

JG

Im sorry, I dont care what you did in NE, all I know is that this game will NOT be close, I dont care what anybody says, the Bills are playing with an amazing intensity right now and the Bengals will not be able to match it! Plain and simple, our D is on fire right now and this is spikes old team, I dont care if it was him that left the Bengals, he will still want to prove something. Mcgahee is fired up, your secondary will overpursue moulds and leave Evans wide open. Oh and you forget that Mularkey has been a genius digging into the playbook lately. I see the Bills having a very good game against a confused team.

35-10

I don't think your passing attack will be that potent this week with Troy Vincent's move to FS.

with Vincent and Milloy making the calls in the secondary.... we may very well have the best secondary in the league now.....

Clements and Vincent best in the league LMFAO are you on crack?

Your secondary ALL 4 STARTERS have a total of 143 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 3 fumble recoveries. ZERO TOUCHDOWNS.

Vincent hasn't done anything all year, and Milloy's numbers are laughable when compared to a ROOKIE in our secondary Madieu Williams.

Are you aware that Vincent just came back from missing 8 weeks... and recorded an int, sack, and fumble recovery in his first game... Milloy was also injured for a couple weeks......

Bills fans -- what do you think is the weakest part of your defense?

After 7+ hrs w/ no takers, I'll take a stab at this even though I've had no reason to watch the Bills during their late run other than highlights.

1. Secondary height mismatches.

2. Safeties speed.

3. Run D towards Big Willie's side.

I've never heard any of those being brought up about our defense.....

if there is a weakness... it is pass rush....

a #3 defense doesn't have many weaknesses.

Who do you think wins then, honestly? Bias, and love for yor team aside...

IF the Bills can withstand the crowd noise and limit their mistakes, I believe they can pull out a win. Their defense and special teams is no doubt playing much better than Cincys right now, but the Bengals offense is on a roll (and I believe you guys wont miss a beat with Kitna if he starts)...That being said, with myself putting all my bias aside, and trying to look at this as intelligently as possible i predict...

Bills 26 Bengals 23

I believe the Bills score on Special Teams, and control the clock with the running game. Willis and the o line are on too much of a roll to be slowed by a very average d line. You guys will keep it close though, neither team will get blown out, and if the Bills kill themselves with penalties/turnovers you guys will absolutly win, and win big.

JG

Sorry to join late.

If this game was being played in Buffalo, I would go with the Bills. Ain't pumpin sunshine, I took heat last week for having the nerve to say that the Pats would most likely beat us by 7. It'd probably go the same way at the Ralph, and down to the last minute as well. Pretty much like last year.

We have problems on D ..... aside from the obvious, Clemmons is doubtful for the game and that's gonna hurt. O'Neal is out as well and that don't help either. We have ( at home ) been able to get reasonable pressure on the passer and cause disruptions that way. Buffalos blocking has gotten better which is why Bledsoe is looking better, but may face a stiffer pass rush than what you might think at first.

You should be able to run the ball ..... everyone does, but that may not be as big a factor as you'd think. We've given up chunks of yardage and still won, while holding Dillon to under a hundred last week in a loss. If anything, we're still vulnerable to the big play along with the dumb penalty that will kill our drive or keep the opponents going.

Just my opinion, but no way does Palmer play this game. The fact that it's the Bills is completely beside the point. Good for you ???? bad for us ???? I'd say coin toss. Ravens thought they could rattle Palmer along with the Steelers and others. He may be boring in interviews, but he acts just like he's just as bored by being blitzed. He just doesn't seem to rattle on tv or on the field. Kitna is a solid player who knows the offense probably better than anyone on the team. Minus arm power .... plus experience ? / ? /

Honestly ???? Bengals by 3 or less .... with a lot of "OH s**ts " coming alternately from Buffalo and Cincy.

Good luck .... good clean football ..... and NO injuries to either side. :player:

Bengals secondary has been suspect for years and while James may have helped improve it, it still doesn't strike fear in the hearts of NFL teams. O'Neal was run out of Denver for getting far too frequently scorched. Yet, we do have Bledsoe, an equal opportunity hurler, so a pick or two is not out of the question. One stat does stand tall that you seemed to take pride in was your secondary's tackles. Ideally, you want high numbers from your LB's not CB's or Safeties. The gains against the "D" are shorter that way. Kinda sounds like a high risk, medium reward approach which isn't the balance one would want.

What is far more impressive is the awakening of the Bengals offense and the maturing of Palmer. The comeback against the Ravens was impressive. The power running of Rudi Johnson hasn't been too shabby either.

Bengals secondary has been suspect for years and while James may have helped improve it, it still doesn't strike fear in the hearts of NFL teams. O'Neal was run out of Denver for getting far too frequently scorched. Yet, we do have Bledsoe, an equal opportunity hurler, so a pick or two is not out of the question. One stat does stand tall that you seemed to take pride in was your secondary's tackles. Ideally, you want high numbers from your LB's not CB's or Safeties. The gains against the "D" are shorter that way. Kinda sounds like a high risk, medium reward approach which isn't the balance one would want.

Definitely don't want the DBs racking up the tackles vs. run. But that's the way it is when the front four get pushed around and undersized LBs get washed out.

As far as coverage, the Bengals DBs have been the best they've been for a long while. Their main problem is zone. WRs magically appear wide open from blown assignments too often.

O'Neal has been an excellent pick-up for Bengals. The season he's having (except for the few games he's missed) has made Shannyhanny look like the little tyrant bastid that he is for treating O'Neal like dirt and letting him go. The only big play that O'Neal has given up this year was truly a big one -- a 99 yarder where it looked like he thought he had inside help.

BTW under "too frequently scorched" in the dictionary this year, you won't find O'Neal's pic. You'll find Champ Bailey's :D

I don't think your passing attack will be that potent this week with Troy Vincent's move to FS.

with Vincent and Milloy making the calls in the secondary.... we may very well have the best secondary in the league now.....

Your secondary ALL 4 STARTERS have a total of 143 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 3 fumble recoveries. ZERO TOUCHDOWNS.

Our starting secondary, on the other hand, starts with James (who has more interceptions on his own than your entire freaking secondary), O'Neal, Williams, and Insert another person. They have 225 tackles, 2 sacks, 13 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries, and 3 touchdowns.

Any time your leading tackler is a defensive back you have issues on defense. It means that runningbacks are getting more yards per carry and breaking out into the secondary.

Any time your leading tackler is a defensive back you have issues on defense. It means that runningbacks are getting more yards per carry and breaking out into the secondary.

I guess New England has issues then because Rodney Harrison leads the team in tackles and is third in the whole league. Fact is db's have more and more responsibilty in run support especially safeties. 3 of the top 5 tacklers on Baltimores D are defensive backs too and last time i checked they weren't too shabby.

Our starting secondary, on the other hand, starts with James (who has more interceptions on his own than your entire freaking secondary), O'Neal, Williams, and Insert another person. They have 225 tackles, 2 sacks, 13 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries, and 3 touchdowns.

Vincent hasn't done anything all year, and Milloy's numbers are laughable when compared to a ROOKIE in our secondary Madieu Williams.

Oh, and the Bengals don't have the best secondary in the league either, but they are definately better than your secondary.

PS: Ed Reed, Chris McAllister, Will Demps, and Gary Baxter for the Ravens is probably the best secondary in the league, and Chad Johnson made them look like fools twice this season.

Ok I was just gonna sit and read what you guys had to say, but after reading this I had to say something. Before you proceed to bash our secondary do the research. Vincent got hurt week 3 and last week was his first game back so he has played a total of 4 games. Lets hope your guys have better stats then him for playing all season. Milloy also was hurt in preseason and did not play till I think the 6 or 7th week? Dont quote me on that.

So your theory behind saying your secondary is better then ours is stats? How about this little stat, Buffalo is 3rd in passing defense while your greater bengal secondary are 15th. Explain why that is?

Buffalo is ranked 3rd in the league on defense.

Buffalo is ranked 9th in the league in scoring.

The Bills biggest weakness is Bledsoe turnovers. The key to stopping the Bills is shutting down McGahee and forcing the Bills to air it out. When you put the pressure on Drew to win the game, he tends to make bad reads and poor passes. He tries to force the ball into double and triple coverage resulting in interceptions.

The weakness in the Bills D is the young DB on the team. The bengals might be able to pick on McGee or another young player. Also, the Bills don't have much of a pass rush. Although it has improved as late.

Buffalo is ranked 3rd in the league on defense.

Buffalo is ranked 9th in the league in scoring.

The Bills biggest weakness is Bledsoe turnovers. The key to stopping the Bills is shutting down McGahee and forcing the Bills to air it out. When you put the pressure on Drew to win the game, he tends to make bad reads and poor passes. He tries to force the ball into double and triple coverage resulting in interceptions.

The weakness in the Bills D is the young DB on the team. The bengals might be able to pick on McGee or another young player. Also, the Bills don't have much of a pass rush. Although it has improved as late.

MaGahee should have no problem going over 100 yds and maybe as high as 150. Bengals fans have gotten use to feature backs ripping off yardage w/o knocking the Bengals completely out of the game.

You're absoluetly on IMO about the key for Bengals to win is to slow Magahee as much as possible in order to force Bledsoe to throw. But even if MaGahee gets a gob of yds, the main thing for Bengals run D is to keep him from reeling off 20 yarders.

The Bengals O will most definitely test the Bills CB. The more time Kitna or Palmer has the better for the Bengals because either Kitna or Palmer will find open receivers for chunks of yards.