BCS

The USC game just ended with them surviving UCLA. Auburn looks in control against UT. If Oklahoma blows out Colorado like they should, and Auburn beats UT by more than 2 TDs, does USC deserve a shot in the championship game?

I say no! USC was handed this game by a HUGH bad call! I don't know how much will be made of it but USC fumbled a completed pass and UCLA recovered and would have scored a TD but the refs said the whistle blew. USC ended up with a field goal a couple of plays later. That's a 10 point swing!!!! USC had no business winning this game. If the pollsters don't take this into account it's a bad deal for whoever comes out number 3. I hope Oklahoma loses because Auburn will get screwed. Even though they play in the better conference and played a tougher schedule, USC will go because some jackass sportswriters ranked them #1 at the beginning of the year. What a crock of s**t!

Go Colorado!!!

Well I just watched the halftime show of the SEC championship game and not a mention was made of the bad call! :angry:

I hope a network with some balls will bring this to the attention of everyone that was unable to see it. CBS already has USC in the title game. Let me see here, USC= very large market and Auburn = much smaller market.....hmmmm$$$$

Go Buffs!!! BTW, I'm not a fan of Auburn. I just want to see the 2 teams that deserve it most play.

Well ABC did mention the horrible call but they did it as an after thought. There was no talk on how it effected the outcome. There is no doubt in my mind that the 2 best teams are Oklahoma and Auburn. If they don't play in the title game the BCS should go out the door. How can an SEC team run the table and not play in the championship? Because some dumbasses ranked them 17th in the pre season and ranked USC and OU in the top 5. These are the same jerkies that ranked Missouri, Miami, OSU, LSU, Georgia, among others in front of them in the pre-season. The same jerk offs that reward a team for having a loss early in the season. This system sucks and needs to change! It's time for a play off!

Besides the problems at the top (Auburn and Oklahoma are the best teams by the way), there's the whole #4 issue between Cal and Texas, both of which have one loss. Both teams are deserving of being there, but there's only one at large spot available because of Utah being in there. It's really sad that one of these two teams will miss the BCS, but yet a better team than half of the BCS teams. I wonder how Cal only having a 26 - 16 victory over a 6 - 5 Southern Miss will affect the voters? It's crazy to have a system not only where you can't determine a champion, but the best teams out there aren't even a part of the process. The BCS needs to die. :ph34r:

The title game should be USC vs Auburn. I don't think that Oklahoma could beat either of these teams. They got 35 put up on them by teams with not nearly as good as offense as they will see in the Orange Bowl. Too bad it's all about the money, cause this could easily be settled by a playoff like Div. 1-AA. I would like to see it though just think of the matchups with an 8 team play-off:

(1) USC vs. (8) Louisville

(4) Cal vs. (5) Texas

(3) Auburn vs. (6) Utah

(2)Oklahoma vs. (7)Georgia

Now that would be great to watch. Louisville might just give USC fits. A possible Cal-USC rematch in Final Four. What could be...........

I agree that Louisville should be there. Their only loss of the season was by 3 points and AT Miami. And they've been putting up an extreme number of points. I pity whoever they wind up playing in their bowl game.

I would love to see a playoff as much as the next guy, but the problem is money (unfortunately). The Bowl guys don't want to have to think of how to restructure things to fit into a playoff system. Also, the Bowl cities would take a financial hit. For example, my good ol' San Antonio hosts the Alamo bowl (which should be a very good game between OSU and Texas Tech/OSU/someone else) and we have fans showing up a week or so before the game and spending their money. Come to San Antonio and spend your money and help the San Antonio economy! :D Under a playoff system, fans wouldn't be around for as long and obviously less money would come in so the city will be against the idea.

I really think that it's not going to be possible to suddenly jump to an eight team playoff. We have to start with a four team playoff and then grow into eight. The only thing I can think of that might be palatable to the Bowl powers that be is to have the "Final Four" games at approximately Christmas time, the rest of the Bowls around New Years Day and then the winners of of the "Final Four" in the championship game, post New Years. All the cities will still get their fans. Each of the Bowls would still have the money flowing and we at least get a basic playoff. Of course, we'll then argue about who the #4 team is. :P