Record in Baltimore

Diesel

This is by far the most unbelievably one-sided rivalry we have. Yes we have to win division games to go to the playoffs. Yes our record has sucked. But not one win in 7 years at their place. That's ridiculous. I'm not talking about winning a series, I'm talking about not being a team's doormat. And beating Baltimore at Baltimore will say more about this team turning the corner than a win at Cleveland or Pittsburgh. Obviously more than Cleveland because they suck, and more than Pittsburgh because we have not been so utterly dominated by them at Pittsburgh.

Correction:

Record in Baltimore (96-03) - 1 and 7

Compare that to record in Pittsburgh over same time period (3 and 5) and it shows how dominated we have been by the Ravens. Of course the Ravens were better over that time, but our inability to win there is ludicrous. All I'm saying is that Baltimore is the #1 place for us to win in order to fully put the Bungles of old to rest. I was at that game last year and it showed. (Playoffs would put it to rest - but not until we can have success in Baltimore can we truly be a good team).

Remember we gave Priest Holmes his start in the NFL and we've never been able to stop their running game since. If JL doesn't play, we need to make sure the Chester doesn't have a career day on us.

That's got me to thinking too. :unsure:

I agree w/ Walzav -- this is the most important Bengals game in a decade. Rolling into Rat Town 7-5 last year and losing proved the ML and Brat show just wasn't ready in 2003. Let's see some progress from that on Sunday with a W and the rebuilding year w/ Palmer will be a decent consolation prize regardless of how season ends.

I don't think we should be too worried with the Baltimore offense as their defense. Their defense is still pretty good and the capitalize on every turnover they create. So that being said, if we keep their defense out of the endzone, we should pull out a win. Jamal or not!

I don't think we should be too worried with the Baltimore offense as their defense. Their defense is still pretty good and the capitalize on every turnover they create. So that being said, if we keep their defense out of the endzone, we should pull out a win. Jamal or not!

No doubt. Ravens kill w/ turnovers, especially picks. Ed Reed gets the pub and should but Ratbirds DBs are solid top to bottom. Their dime back Chad Williams is having a huge year. Teams go after him instead of Reed, McAlister and Baxter but it don't seem to matter.

Special teams looms large too. Sams roasted Bengals at PBS on returns. Can't happen again.

Crowd noise will be a b*tch also. Palmer gets to put what he's learned so far to the test. How he audibles and reads hot for this game should have big impact on outcome.

I'd like to see a battle of field position w/ lots of Rudi runs even it means 3 and out a few times. Some games it makes sense for Palmer to air it out, but I'd like to see the passing game be highly selective w/ more short game than mid-range or long, although the bomb is essential a time or 2 in order to open up run better.

Between the 20s all game for both teams w/o Bengals TOs and special teams flubs, and I say Bengals win. :player: