Hot Seat

Barbarian

So, it's midseason. Here's the $1 mil dollar question:

WHO'S THE COACH ON THE HOT SEAT???

Here's some questionables:

1. Jim Haslett

2. Mike Martz

3. Bay Area Coaches

4. Marty Schottenheimer (I should have just said "ANY CALI COACH", huh?)

5. Dick Vermeil

6. Dave Wanndtstat

7. Chucky Gruden

8. Mike Holmgren

What do you guys think?????

So, it's midseason. Here's the $1 mil dollar question:

WHO'S THE COACH ON THE HOT SEAT???

Here's some questionables:

1. Jim Haslett

2. Mike Martz

3. Bay Area Coaches

5. Dick Vermeil

6. Dave Wanndtstat

7. Chucky Gruden

8. Mike Holmgren

What do you guys think?????

Haslett is definately on the hot seat. If the Saints continue to flounder, he will be released.

Martz has another year I think. His team has a winning record, and has won every division game thusfar. No worries for him.

Marty is fine. I think the owners know he doesn't have the complete package, and he's only been coaching the team for 3 years. His team is also 5-3 right now, an acceptable record.

Vermeil? I think he has another year, since Cunningham just came in to install a new defense, and Vermeil has turned the offense of this team around again.

Wanndstat - While Whiney should have been canned last year, I think what Ricky did bought him another year.

Chucky - They paid him too much to fire him now.

Holmgren - One bad year and you think he's on the hot seat? No way, no how. That is like saying Belichek would be canned if his team didn't win another game this season. Too many good years for one year to get him fired.

Butch Davis - Fired his staff, it's all on him now, and another losing season won't be acceptable.

Joe Gibbs - Call me crazy, but the owner in DC is dumb as a box of rocks, and Gibbs isnt immediately taking them to the super bowl and appears to be out of touch with the leaugue. He could be on the hot seat.

John Fox - Superbowl contenders to the bottom of the barrel with no excuse other than coaching.....

Good topic Barb.. does this mean you're actually being constructive? Did someone hijack your account? :huh::lol:

1. Jim Haslett
The problem with the Saints is their structure is severly limited and chaotic. There needs to be some leadership among the non-players and Haslet hasn't provided that. Hot Seat (1-10): 10
2. Mike Martz
As much as you hate him, and I just can't figure him out; as long as he wins, he'll be there. Going 12-4 with a QB like Bulger is no easy feat. I think if he fails to win this year, then he could be on the seat next year. Hot Seat (1-10): 3

3. Bay Area Coaches
If you mean Norv and Ericson, then I don't think either. Norv is a first year head-coach and Davis will give him at least one good QB in the draft and see what happens after that. Ericcson, well, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Norv Host Seat (1-10): 3.... Ericcson Host Seat (1-10): anytime.

Before the season? Yes, he should be on the hot seat, that's why they drafted Phillip Rivers rather than letting Brees play. Now Brees is playing very good and Rivers is the backup. Things are looking nicely for SD. Hot Seat (1-10): 1

5. Dick Vermeil
I think he's got one of the greatest minds in the NFL. He know how to put a team together. This year has been struggle no doubt, but it would take a lot of junk to happen all of the sudden for Vermeil to get canned. He'll quit before he's fired anyway. Hot Seat: 1

6. Dave Wanndtstat
This guy sucks. Hot Seat: 153

7. Chucky Gruden
I really thought Chucky was a good head coach with what he did with the Raiders. But I can't see either way, because the Bucs lost a lot of good contributing key players since their SB win. Perhaps hot seat next year, let the turn-over happen and see what personnel are left. Hot Seat: 3

8. Mike Holmgren
The Bill Walsh school of football -- mostly offense -- is starting to become worthless. Since Holmgren lost the GM job, he's kind of been in hot water. This year will determine if Holmgren will be in the hot seat next year. Hot Seat: 5

I really don't see any other coaches being on the hot seat unless something dramatic happens, like a big orgy in the locker room before the game or something like that.

John Fox - Superbowl contenders to the bottom of the barrel with no excuse other than coaching.....

I'll have to disagree with Fox. He's got major injuries all over the place. I underestimated the Panthers last year. It's because of John Fox. I figured him to be an idiot--however, his simplistic play on offense (giving the ball to Stephen Davis and DeShaun) was almost brilliant. The Panthers' Front 4 was the best in the NFL last year.

Kirk, here's one you may have missed: Butchie Davis.

Have fun. With your seat ratings, I'll have to say that Butchie's is at least an 8 if his team malfunctions this year.