Terrified to Play: a short story

lambert58

It was a cold and rainy Saturday afternoon as Marvin Lewis walked across the Bengals practice field, thinking only of the upcoming game against the Steelers of Pittsburgh.

He was completely lost in thought when suddenly he bumped into Jon Kitna, who was surprisingly standing on the field and wearing a tuxedo and his game day helmet.

"Jon, what the hell are you doing standing out here like this? The damn bus leaves for Pittsburgh in two hours. What the hell is wrong with you?" asked Coach Lewis.

"I'm scared, coach. Everytime I think I'm doin' great in my carreer, I find a way to screw everything up. I'm sick and tired of it," said Jon, removing his black bow tie that was stained with pancake syrup.

"Jon, listen," said Coach Lewis, "your having a great year, man. 19 tds? Thats awesome. I don't know what your talkin' about. I'll tell you this, though, you better get your head straight because we are playing the Steelers."

Kitna looked up at his coach like a little boy who had just seen a green monster under his bed and said "Coach, I'm scared! I admit it! Joey Porter and Kendrell Bell are gonna get me! Please don't make me play!! I put on this Lucky Tuxedo from my high school prom, but even it doesn't help."

Coach Lewis looked at the Tuxedo and said, "yea, the damn thing's too small. Look, Jon, you get yourself together. I don't wanna hear anymore of this crap.' You pick a fine time to say you're scared. You get in there and perform! You wussy. I'm having a great year, and you are not gonna blow it. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!"

"No I don't. Why don't you just leave me alone!" screamed Kitna as he started to walk away.

"You get back here now!' said Coach Lewis, as he ran up behind him. Kitna then tried to flee by running, but Coach Lewis tackled him and held him down.

"Get me some Linemen over here! NOW! Hurry up." screamed the coach.

"NO NO! Don't make me play the Mighty Steelers! NO!!!!" screamed Kitna.

As the linemen came running, they picked up Kitna and carried him to the bus, placing him in the baggage compartment until the team was ready to depart for Heinz Field.

"Damn I hate playin' the Steelers,"said Coach Lewis, as he walked slowy off into the misty afternoon.

THE END

Lambert 58

YOU MUST BE SMOKING SOMETHING GOOD OVER THERE IN NO-STEEL TOWN BECAUSE NOW YOUR RAMBLING ON ABOUGHT "s**t" THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME OFF FOOTBALL..............Im sorry it has to be this way but, GROW THE f**k UP stop thinking your some kind of great EX-football player or EX-coach because all you are and all you will ever be in just a couch player, Tee minus 1 day and counting untill you eat these words you have spewed all over my message board....................Steelers will not blank the bengals.......Steelers will not controll the clock......steelers will not WIN the game and you will not be back on monday to get your ASS reemed by US

steelers 0 - Bengals 31

sorry it has to be this way

jbengals1

i am so sick and tired of hearing for your childish ways that i am going to enjoy this VICTORY twice as much as i would have if you didn't grace us with your presents

Steelers - blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

You have no sense of humor jBengal.

You must be an incredibly angry individual. Or do you just hate Pittsburgh? There is a thing in life called LAUGHING. Football is fun, but it's still just a game.

If I showed 6000 people your post or mine, bet you anything, you would be the one called immature.

Why don't you watch tennis or something?

Go pick some flowers.

Anything to remove your turbulent and stressful attitude. Smile bonehead! it's good for you. But do it now because...

Steelers 31

Bengals 0

I'm sorry it has to be this way.

Lambert 58

You must be an incredible individual. just hate Pittsburgh !!! There is a thing in life called LAUGHING. Football is fun especially when playing MY looser steelers

If I showed 6000 people your post or mine, bet you anything, you would be the one called Funny

Well im going to Go pick some flowers.

steelers 0

Bengals 31

I'm sorry it has to be this way.

Lambert 58 is now a bengals fan

as for funny i am 1 of the funniest ones on this board can't ya tell ????