Reds Pick Up Sean Casey 2006 Option

Kirkendall

From Cincy E...

The Reds on Friday excercised their 2006 contract option on All-Star first baseman Sean Casey.

In 2002, Casey signed a three-year contract extension that included the club's option for 2006.

A three-time National League All-Star, Casey has a career batting average of .304, the 10th-highest in Reds history, and 17th-best among all active major league players. Last season, Casey hit .324 with 24 home runs and 99 RBI.

yeah, I've been reading up some on the reds and if we can get some pitching i like our chances next year (plus someon has to teach adam dunn how to get a single) Apparently, they are trying to move austin kearns to third so they can move griffey to right and put willy mo in center. If, and this is a big, big iff, we can somehow find some pitching I can see watching reds games in september with something on the line. They would have one of the most explosive lineups in baseball if healthy, another big if (ARE YOU LISTENING JR.)

Apparently, they are trying to move austin kearns to third so they can move griffey to right and put willy mo in center.

I'm really hopeful for this plan. I just hope the injury bug (Kearns and Grif) doesn't affect the end results.

eventually he's going to have to learn to hit to allow us to win more games. I woner how many of those record breaking strikeouts could have won a game for us. Think about how that may have changed the win-loss column

ABSOLUTELY!

yeah, I'm actually kind of excited about Griffey next year. People tend to forget that if you could give griffey those years he lost, and Barry Bonds is nothing but an afterthougght. Griffey was just a hamstring or two from "greatest player ever" status

How about you try this instead:

A FEW WORKOUTS SHORT OF THE BEST PLAYER EVER.

Ben Stiffey isn't dedicated enough. He's a lazy ass.

yeah, I'm actually kind of excited about Griffey next year. People tend to forget that if you could give griffey those years he lost, and Barry Bonds is nothing but an afterthougght. Griffey was just a hamstring or two from "greatest player ever" status

I would agree with this if Bonds, or similar stories, didn't go through the stretch of injuries he's gone through (or still going through).

Every season I was stoked thinking Griff would be healthy all season, helping the Reds stay towards the top of the division ALL season. Every year I'm let down.

I love Griff, I think he's legitimately one of the best players in a ten-year span. But I'm at the point now that I don't care if he's hurt or not. i just know he won't be in the lineup either way.