WHY NOT CINCY??

bengal man 420

Lamebrain58, you really are a clueless moron. I don't mean to be insulting but you really have made some mindless comments and continually show that you know nothing about football. Now Shut up and let real footbal fans talk.

Anyway, to the subject at hand. I think the Bengals have a real shot at the division title, and winning a home playoff game, however to get to the Super Bowl they would have to go to Tenn/Indy, KC or Even NE in January...That's a pretty tall order. Plus the Defense has shown a few weaknesses and that can be a real problem against playoff caliber teams on the road. But anything can happen, and if the defense really starts pulling it together, who knows? But someone on Defense will have to really step up and become a playmaker.

The only reason you consider my comments "mindless" is because you don't agree with them.

So you become immature and resort to name calling.

Not only are you an average football fan who talks about stats that have been printed a zillion times, but your an average thinker.

Football is more than what your narrow minded ears want to hear.

I won't waste my time explaining it to a novice.

Buy yourself an NFL handbook and study the HISTORY. You will find that before there were stats kept, people just discussed the game. Different perspectives, different opinions.

You my friend, are a NOVICE.

Steelers 31

Bengals 0

I'm sorry it has to be this way.

Lambert 58

Lamebrain58, make a point. You have spouted mindless drival since your first post. I am a lot of things, but average fan is not one of them. You have talked s**t. You haven't made on damn intelligent comment since you've been here. You want history fine, the history is outside of one damn decade the Steelers/Pirates sucked. End of discussion. You they had a good run in the 90's but always choked in the big games. It's really that simple. Yeah, the Bengals in the 90's sucked serious hard core ass, there ain't a person here that would dispute that. But the talk hasn't been about the past, it's been about the game Sunday, so I suggest you pull your head out of the past, and accept the fact that this years Steelers are a fundamentaly flawed team. Their O-line isn't very good, they can't run the ball, and they have a quarterback that has a habit of turning the ball over, a lot. Yes, the have a good defense, but they are 31nd in running the ball, and 26th in total offense. You don't win that way, simple as that.

You won't waste time explaining things because you can't

Let me ask you a question.

Before you beat KC were you listening to all of the STAT talk? did you care that KC was 9-0? No you did not.

If you are a real football fan and a smart one, you should realize that anything can happen on any given Sunday.

I have a library of over 200 football games my friend. I happen to watchin a 1979 Steelers Bengals game right now.

Why do you rely on stats to decide a game. That is FOOLISH. That is the only reason I don't discuss them. They mean nothing. I know how many yards Kitna has thrown for how many Td's (19) and Ints (9) but who cares? iStats are boring.

I do know the game.

Just remember NoONE gave you a chance against KC. you werent concerned about stats then now were you.

Grow up if you really are a fan and know football.

By the way,

Steelers 31

Bengals 0

Im sorry it has to be this way.

Lambert 58

Actually, several pro writers were picking the Bengals to beat the Chiefs. Stats show things, they showed that the Chiefs were giving up yards on the ground, but their offense was helping to make teams pass to keep up. You talk about history and how important it is but what the hell has 1979 got to do with anything in 2003? History is important, but the game has changed quite a bit since then. Yes I know anything can happen, teams can play above themselves, or play down. But there is usually some resaon for that. The Bengals will be hyped to win this game, both teams will ready to play, and you know the Bengals will want to win the game for Coach Lewis in front of his home town, so I say the intangibles are in the Bengals favor as well as the stats.

Did you know that the Steelers have given up 50 more points than scored? You've average margin of losses is two touchdowns, not very competitive. You've lost to Cleveland the first time, Kansas City, and Seattle. You've lost to an overrated Denver team, and quite frankly, for a Bengals fan or not, Cincinnati is the better team.

History is definately on Pitts side, but for the same reason that Emmitt Smith is the rushing leader, Bonds is the single season homer leader, history disappears from the minds and recovers only in books. Things change. I've been around football my entire life, playing, coaching, or commentating on it and believe me, this Bengals team has move from every teams W to a playoff team.

Fact or Fiction - Lambert58 is a tool?

I totally understand your perspective.

But I feel the Steelers are motivated because of their status in the division, and probably very unhappy at the fact that the Bengals are in 1st place. They have alot to prove to the fans of Pittsburgh.

The fact that the Bengals are playing well, will make the Steelers play that much harder. This may sound stupid to some of you, but this game has a playoff atmosphere.

It's great isn't it?

Lambert58

Lambert58, that was the most sense you have made in post yet.

It is a playoff game for both teams, cause if the Steelers lost then you can pretty much write off their playoff hopes, if the Bengals lose, the best they could hope for is a Ravens loss to stay tied, but then have to go to Baltimore to play for the division lead coming off a loss, not exactly the biggest moral booster. And yes, it is great, it's football.

Why not Cincy? Absolutely! One game at a time all the way. This is a team that believes in themselves and their coaches. Nothing could prove that more than the Steelers game. Less than a minute to go, down 3, and they win the game. Forget the tie and try to win it in OT. Jon Kitna led them right down the field for the winning touchdown! Man did the Bengals and their fans ever need this year!

I've said it before: The Bengals control their own destiny. All the remaining games are huge, but this Sunday is the biggest. On the road in Baltimore who have suddenly found an offense. This is the game of the year so far. We better bring our complete A game (offense, defense, special teams).

Right now I am not sold on the Corey/Rudi 1-2 punch. I would rather see Rudi get the bulk of the running and bring in Dillon for a break. Rudi was pounding defenses while he was the featured RB. However, we are winning and that is most important.

I'm not going to look ahead of any game. We must take the Ravens seriously and beat them. We've got some tough games ahead of us:

The Bengals: (We have the second toughest finish)

@Ravens

49ers

@Rams

Browns

The Browns: (Have the toughest finish. Put a fork in them, they are done)

Rams

@Broncos

Ravens

@Bengals

The Ravens: (Third toughest finish)

Bengals

@Raiders

@Browns (Revenge factor could be huge, but the Ravens are too much for the Browns)

Steelers

The Steelers: (Easiest finish. Steelers could win 3 straight heading into Baltimore)

Raiders (Just survive the season baby!)

@Jets (We'll know more about them tonight)

Chargers (Gave the Chiefs a fight)

@Ravens

It's a four game race to the finish. Go Bengals!!!!