UK basketball

WHO DEY AGAIN?

I know we have a few UK fans on this board and I thought I would share my views about the Blue and White game that was played on Saturday.

First of all we had great seats. Bought them an hour before the game for 5 bucks each and sat in the fourth row at midcourt. Didn't think I would be so close but once you get it in it's up for grabs. It's a great deal even though I had to miss some football.

The freshman are as good as billed. I was really impressed with Ramel Bradley. He had a couple steals and hit two 3's before the game was three minutes old. He was everywhere. Rajon Rondo is super quick and can run a break. He can also create his own shot. He had an impressive dish to Randolph Morris for a slam. Speaking of Morris, wow, this is no average freshman. He already has an NBA body and he has a nice touch around the basket. He won't be around more than two years I'm sad to say. Joe Crawford is fundamentally sound. He is just a solid, steady player . He's very polished for a freshman. This is a super freshman class.

On the players coming back there were no big surprises. Stockton and Thomas didn't play. I hear that Thomas will get a medical redshirt. Not sure on why Stockton didn't play but he was moving around real slow. He must have been hurt in practice. Chuck Hayes was hard nosed as ever. His outside shot has still not improved though. Azibuike is a scoring machine and he'll be the go to guy for points. The centers have put on some pounds but it's hard to tell with 7 footers. Orbzut looked more comfortable in the offense but is still a hack on D. The opposite is true with Alleyne. He had some nice swats on D but he gets pushed around still on offense. He still looks awkward. Carrier looked good and made his 3's but he always makes them in practice. Let's hope this year it carries over to games.

Patrick Sparks was a good pick up for UK. He will most likely start at the point and he's deadly from the outside. They are so deep at the one now. He was the most vocal player on the court. You could just see his leadership skills.

After a bumpy November and December the Cats will learn how to play together and will be tough come March. I think next year will be the year though. Still a year away but very solid just a little young.

Were going to be very young this year. Of course were going to start pretty slow, but i say we'll rebound and get used to playing together. So far, I am liking our freshman. Rondo is giving Sparks all he can handle, and Bradley is even giving Crawford a run at SG. The PG and SG positions could go to anyone. Carrier is even knocking some down some 3's, so he may get a shot at more playing time. Morris, Bookie, and Hayes are automatic starters, and impact players. We finally have a legit center in Morris, and two scorers in Bookie and Hayes.

Just few more days until we kick against Northern Ky in an exibition game.

Oh yea...LOVE THOSE CATS.. i hope we can get it going this year. Being on the road dont get to keep up with them as much as i would like. Maybe i can keep up with them here..