BengalsZone Fact or Fiction

Kirkendall

Another week of fact or fiction for week 13. You know the drill, the format resembles that of ESPNs Fact or Fiction. Say either one, and give a reason for it.

1. Now that Dillon is back, Rudi will have 1,000 yards this season (he only needs 65.6 yards per game).

2. Chad Johnson will be the only pro-bowler this season.

3. The Bengals inability to put a team away in the fourth quarter will hurt them in the long run.

4. The Bengals will host Tennessee in the first round of the playoffs.

1. Now that Dillon is back, Rudi will have 1,000 yards this season (he only needs 65.6 yards per game).

Fact. I think the Bengals are gonna average over 200 yards a game rushing the rest of the season and Rudi will get his carries probably 25 for CD, and 15 for Rudi (and about 3 per game for P-Dub)

2. Chad Johnson will be the only pro-bowler this season.

Fiction, barring a collapse Kitna goes to the probowl, look at his numbers. I also think Willie Anderson still has a shot at making it as well.

3. The Bengals inability to put a team away in the fourth quarter will hurt them in the long run.

Fact, this is starting to be a real problem. The development of the running game may help keep this in check, but until it's fixed it will bite them on the ass before all is said and done.

4. The Bengals will host Tennessee in the first round of the playoffs.

Fiction, I still think it's gonna be Indy they face. I also believe that the Bengals have a real shot at the 6th wild card spot as well, because 2 of the other 3 teams(Ravens, Miami, and Denver) I think will choke out and miss the playoffs. So that would mean an away playoff game against NE.

1. Fact. Rudi will still get his yards. Corey will be the main guy, but Marvin will be using both of them.

2. Fact. I'd really like to see Kitna go to the pro-bowl because this has been a great year. But, this is the same conference as Manning, Green and McNair. Even though Kitna's numbers are very good, that's some stiff competition.

3. Fiction. (Maybe this is just what I want to think in my naive little world). It seems that the defense is only lax when they're up by a good amount. Yes it is a problem, but they've also won close games and didn't allow the big 4th quarters in those games. Anyways, it's still a problem and it concerns me.

4. Fiction. If the Bengals have a home game, it will be against the Colts. There's still the chance they could make it in as a wild-card, although they'd need a little help.