ESPN and ABC- Just saw this a week before

Dan2330

Did ESPN not watch their parent networks [ABC] Monday Night Football game a week before? First of all, I absolutely hate when the NFL schedule makers put a team on either Sunday Night Football one week and then MNF the next week, or vice versa. Secondly, could ESPN not find someone better to mike up besides Ray 'The Knife' Lewis? I mean this guy was just miked up the week before.

Was it me or did the whole Sunday night game seem like a "See You In 2 weeks" Farewell Party to JaCoked Lewis? Team Captain, a big hug from Coach Boobick at the end of the game- give me a break!

Last time I committed a crime, which I believe was like putting leaves in my regular garbage, I don't recall seeing the Garbage Man hugging me (thank god) or the Mayor giving me a key to the city.

Dan: A sign of or time and the morality which has been reversed. Years ago you were made to feel ashamed if you committed a crime against the public. Today's athletes, especially the stars, are apologized for by their coaches. Makes me sick, especially the sleazy, arrogant Billick; he is worse than the criminals on his team. His day is coming to eat humble pie; hope it is soon!

Dan: A sign of or time and the morality which has been reversed. Years ago you were made to feel ashamed if you committed a crime against the public. Today's athletes, especially the stars, are apologized for by their coaches. Makes me sick, especially the sleazy, arrogant Billick; he is worse than the criminals on his team. His day is coming to eat humble pie; hope it is soon!

Your head coach has vehemently defended Ray Lewis on every occasion about his involvement in Atlanta in 2000.

Is Marvin sleazy too??

Take off your orange and black blinders :angry:

It does not take "orange and black binders" to see the pitiful moral condition of the NFL and how they apologize for the criminal actions of the players. Lewis knew he was going to the NFL, but decided to get a start with big money by being involved with the drug trade. Don't say it was harmless; ask the widow and daughters of Ken Cammenitti how harmless cocaine is. I stand on what I said about Billick: of all the NFL coaches I have seen, he is the most arrogant, biggest jerk! End of story.

No Marvin is not sleazy; he is a diplomat and seems to maintain a humble, polite demeanor, which is opposite of Billick.

Yeah, you guys are doing well right now, but what goes around, comes around. I eagerly await the time Billick and R. Lewis eat humble pie.

It does not take "orange and black binders" to see the pitiful moral condition of the NFL and how they apologize for the criminal actions of the players.  Lewis knew he was going to the NFL, but decided to get a start with big money by being involved with the drug trade.  Don't say it was harmless; ask the widow and daughters of Ken Cammenitti how harmless cocaine is.  I stand on what I said about Billick: of all the NFL coaches I have seen, he is the most arrogant, biggest jerk!  End of story.

You're not arrogant if you know you're better :D

First of all, I'm a big Ray Lewis fan. He's completely turned his life around from the image given to him back when he was in trouble. From my understanding, and the Raven fans can correct me, Ray does 10-times more charity work and he himself went around to poor houses and delivered over 200 thanksgiving meals. When was the last time you good-boys spent your entire thanksgiving day passing out meals rather than sitting in front of the tube with full stomachs?

Yea yea yea, I know, all NFL players do charity work, but when I listen to him in interviews doing these things, he sounds geniuine in his work.

Personally, I like watching Ray Lewis and I like it when he's mic'ed. He's old school football. He's the true definition of what a MLB should be. He's far more entertaining than anyone else that's mic'ed up in the first place.

Afterall, ESPN and ABC shows games that are entertaining; not moral rightessness. That's the business they are in. It's your choice whether or not to support their ratings.

Don't say it was harmless; ask the widow and daughters of Ken Cammenitti how harmless cocaine is.

Don't assume he died of cocaine or 'roids yet. His autopsy comes out late next week and we'll see if that's true or not. As said in another post, I have personal experience with heart disease and have seen clean healthy family members die of a heart attack.

I stand on what I said about Billick: of all the NFL coaches I have seen, he is the most arrogant, biggest jerk! End of story.

Jerk or not, he wins. I'd rather have a jerk of a head coach and win, then have a polite diplomat and lose.

Personally, I do NOT look to the NFL for what's right or wrong in morality. I mean why would you want a sport with vicious hitting, more cussing than a Trey Parker-Matt Stone film, and a sport run by financial big-wig elites? If you compare all this, then NASCAR has all professional sports (combined) beat ten-fold.

I look at the NFL for entertainment only! It's their decision to ruin their sport and take the path as did the NBA and MLB.

Kirk--EXCELLENT POST, BUDDY!!!

I agree with everything--only it's still fun to poke at Ray Ray in calling him 'Da Killa.

Seriously though--could you imagine being a Center or Guard across the line from Da Killa and telling yourself:

"I have to go block this nutcase--and he's actually indirectly responsible for killing a couple of people."

Yikes.

:D