Dunn the K King

middy19

What a milestone!!!  Thanks Bernie (aka Carl Lindner) for a great season to f**king remember.

#124 on the Forbes Rich Men List, and he can't afford a f**king pitcher.  The ass!!!!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Who agrees with me that Adam Dunn is a great tradebait??????

Not me. The guy has 45 HRs. Yes the K number is way too high, but that can be worked on.

He's young. His eye will improve. The record he broke was held by Bobby Bonds...I don't think people considered him trade bait, did they? I could be wrong on that, though...I don't know much baseball history ;)

Was there any doubt he'd be the K king? I really expected this at some point in his career.

Now with that said... I think anyone on this team is trade bait. I'd be more than willing to give up Dunn if that means we could get good already proven major league pitchers. In fact, I think anyone and everyone is trade bait, but an outfielder is no big loss to the Reds considering we have a plethora of good young strong outfielders.

But I wouldn't give up Dunn until we have absolutely the most we can get. Anything less would be another crime again Linder on an already increasing list.

I think Dunn's K rate comes from him having too good an 'eye' at the plate.

A LARGE number of the strikeouts has been 'looking'.

He sees the ball very well, knows it's a ball, doesn't swing, and the Ump calls it a strike.

If he ever gets down that his strike zone isn't the one that matters, and starts adjusting to the Umps strike zone, the K rate will drop, and the BA, and HR totals will rise.

He sees the ball very well, knows it's a ball, doesn't swing, and the Ump calls it a strike.

If he ever gets down that his strike zone isn't the one that matters, and starts adjusting to the Umps strike zone, the K rate will drop, and the BA, and HR totals will rise.

I can't justify that. The golden rule I learned as a hitter growing up is that when you've got two strikes against you, swing at anything that has even the slightest chance of being called a strike. Never take a 3rd strike looking.

I can't justify that. The golden rule I learned as a hitter growing up is that when you've got two strikes against you, swing at anything that has even the slightest chance of being called a strike. Never take a 3rd strike looking.

Yea, that's been one of my arguments against Dunn is his eye. RedsFan75 is right-on about Dunn's looking K's, but as Sky mentions, if it's close with two strikes, you have to swing at it.

I agree, there are MANY borderline pitches I've seen him take that I'm thinking, he's gotta swing.

He knows he's right that it's a ball, and instead he's rung up, and looks incredously at the ump. Rare is the time when he's rung up, and knows he missed it.

I think somewhere in his young baseball career, he was a free swinger, and some little league coach has drilled and drilled him on taking a pitch. Last year when he got more agressive his K rate stayed the same, but his BA and HR total dropped.

When he get's it all together, he'll be dynamite... Probably for some other team, but still dynamite.