Our Boltz your Catz

glorify

Hey all, glorify of the Chargers F2FA site. Just wanted to give you all a shout about the upcoming game this week. What do ya think? Anyway, you are welcome to come by our forums and drop a line or two also.:

Charger Forums at glorifythepast.com

Beware, most of us are pretty cranky staring at our crappy team week after week. But yer all welcome anyway :ph34r:

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Chargers. I actually proposed to my wife at a 1989 pre-season game at Jack Murphy - Bolts vs. Cards. Planned on doing it at the beach after the game, but the half-time fireworks made a great back drop. Hey, any dork can propose at the beach. Only a real man proposes at a football game!! BTW - she said yes immediately and I spilled my beer. I always thought that a bad omen, but 14 years later so far so good.

Okay enough sissy talk. I'm glad Junior's gone. He's getting old but is always a gamer. We need a physical DB to handle Boston - the guy's a monster. Nail Flutie a couple times. If Marvin can keep everyone focused, this game will put us at +1.

I think the teams from the ol' AFL should get more coverage over their historic and respected franchises while in the AFL. The L.A. Chargers being in the inaugrial season with:

1. The Boston Patriots (later named New England)

2. Buffalo Bills

3. Dallas Texans (later moved to the Kansas City Chiefs)

4. Denver Broncos

5. Houston Oilers

6. Los Angeles Chargers (moved to S.D. after the 1960 season)

7. New York Titans (later named the Jets)

8. Oakland Raiders

9. Miami Dolphins

10. Cincinnati Bengals

The San Diego Chargers won the AFL Championship game in 1963.

The league lasted from 1960 to 1969 after, now I'm going off memory hear, Pete Rozelle combined the two leagues because the AFL was out of money. Rozelle, if you do not know, is what I think the Godfather of what football is today (off the field like Media and rules, not on the field as much).

Man I love football!