Bengals at the Georgia Dome

cincykent

I live in Atlanta and will be at the game Saturday night. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up the intensity after the New England victory. I'm excited to see how the defense does against Vick.

I watch the Bengals at Sidelines sportsbar in Kennesaw during the season if anyone is from the Atlanta area and would like to hook up to watch the games together.

I live in Atlanta and will be at the game Saturday night. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up the intensity after last week. Plus they seem to play much better at home(except for the final vs the Browns).

I watch the Bengals at Sidelines sportsbar in Kennesaw during the season if anyone is from the Atlanta area and would like to hook up to watch the games together.

Bad news, new dude--The Falcons are overrated as hell. Their defense is horrid.

I hope the Falcons aren't going to be depending totally on Vick's Feet to win them ballgames--because it won't happen more than 7 times this year.

I can't understand why the critics are all on the Falcons' jock this year. They've got big question marks all over the field.

Bad news, new dude--The Falcons are overrated as hell.  Their defense is horrid.

:rolleyes: There was this thing called the offseason bro.

And another thing--if you have PEERLESS PRICE as your #1 WR, then you're in big trouble!!!

Have you seen the OVERPAID list in the NFL Forum??? There's a big reason why Peerless showed up on that list.

;)

And another thing--if you have PEERLESS PRICE as your #1 WR, then you're in big trouble!!!

Have you seen the OVERPAID list in the NFL Forum??? There's a big reason why Peerless showed up on that list.

;)

I know a lot more about the Falcons then you and yes I have seen the overpaid list and I agree. We also went to the playoffs w/ Brian Finneran as our best WR, he's our third best now ;)

Peerless is overpiad, but only cause he played without vick and was injured and had no one to draw attention away from him...Vick has not had quality WR's to throw too...

The Falcons have several problems to overcome...first the offense (esp Vick) have to learn the West Coast Offense, and that's a challange for a QB cause it's so bloody complicated. Secondly their D is bad, it was ripped apart and bastardized by Wade "I don't care who's playing, I'm gonna run a 3-4" Philipps and they are in full rebuilding mode and will take some time to get better....I think the Falcons are a year away from being a winning team again.

I mean they have to be good, there two best players are Hokies. (Hall and Vick for you uninformed)

I live in Atlanta and will be at the game Saturday night. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up the intensity after last week. Plus they seem to play much better at home(except for the final vs the Browns).

...you live in kennesaw ??

...i usually watch the games at jocks & jills at cumberland mall in smyrna...

...we gotta make sure we aren't watching week 1 at the same place ... will probably wind up hating each other...

l_j_r

Bad news, new dude--The Falcons are overrated as hell.  Their defense is horrid.

:rolleyes: There was this thing called the offseason bro.

There was this thing called the offseason bro.

Oh yeah, you're right. They had a great offseason! Look at it:

Player signed Player lost

TE Sean Brewer (re-signed) CB Ray Buchanan (Raiders)

C Todd McClure (re-signed) LB Sam Rogers (released)

CB Jason Webster (49ers) DT Devone Claybrooks (released)

DT Rod Coleman (Raiders) LB James Cotton (released)

OG Steve Herndon (Broncos) CB Juran Bolden (Jaguars)

LB Eric Johnson (Raiders) TE Brian Kozlowski (Redskins)

OL Eric Beverly (Lions) OG Travis Claridge (Panthers)

LB Artie Ulmer (re-signed) QB Kurt Kittner (Bengals)

RB James Fenderson (Saints) LB Keith Newman (Vikings)

WR Dez White (Bears) CB Tyrone Williams (released)

TE Hunter Goodwin (Vikings) WR LaTarence Dunbar (released)

QB Ty Detmer (Lions) TE Sean Brewer (released)

S Keion Carpenter (re-signed)

CB Aaron Beasley (Jets)

OL Roberto Garza (re-signed)

LB Jamie Duncan (Rams)

K Jay Feely (re-signed)

OG Kynan Forney (re-signed)

DE Karon Riley (re-signed)

LB Matt Stewart (re-signed)

TE Spencer Nead (Rams)

RD PK(OVR) NOTES NAME POS SCHOOL

1 8(8) DEANGELO HALL CB VIRGINIA TECH

1 29(29) from Indianapolis MIKE JENKINS WR OHIO STATE

3 27(90) from Indianapolis MATT SCHAUB QB VIRGINIA

4 5(101) DEMORRIO WILLIAMS OLB NEBRASKA

5 10(142) CHAD LAVALAIS DT LSU

6 21(186) from Miami ETRIC PRUITT S SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI

7 18(219) from New Orleans through Miami QUINCY WILSON RB WEST VIRGINIA

Yeah, I can sure see the stunning moves their front office made!

WHO DEY1

Lets also add that the defense switched from a 3-4 base which depleted the use of our DL's, our terrible secondary was wiped clean and replaced (if you are insane enough to believe Webster is worse than Ray Boo or Tyrone Williams you need to see the doctor, NOW!). Moving Keith Brooking back to the WOLB is a much better spot for him and his natural position. If you're going to just note who was added and subtracted I might as well start going around sayin the Bengals didn't do jack to improve their defense ;)

Moving Keith Brooking back to the WOLB is a much better spot for him and his natural position. If you're going to just note who was added and subtracted I might as well start going around sayin the Bengals didn't do jack to improve their defense ;)

Keith Brooking is your best defensive player, and then there is a significant drop. Just the same, yes I'm sure you know a lot more about the Falcons than Bengals fans do, just as we know more about the Bengals.

Didn't do anything to improve our D?? Got rid of Artrell "Toast" Hawkins and brought in former Pro Bowler Deltha O'Neal, added Kim Herring and Nate Webster, and got rid of Jeff "one-more-concussion-and-I'm-a-vegetable" Burris. The experience and talent of the players, 2 of whom have Super Bowl rings...not sure if O'Neal was with the Broncos last time they won...I'd have to look it up and its too damn late, greatly improves the defense. Just cause we didn't add a big-name DT doesn't mean we didn't improve.

You guys had a great draft, got some players who should really help out in the future...some now.

We didn't do too bad either. Picked up Keiwan Rattliff, and were pleasantly surprised with S Madieu Williams and LB Caleb Miller. All of those players should contribute for us and make our defense much stronger.

Good Luck to you, hope Vick can bounce back and hope your new coach works out.

Keith Brooking is your best defensive player, and then there is a significant drop. Just the same, yes I'm sure you know a lot more about the Falcons than Bengals fans do, just as we know more about the Bengals.

Didn't do anything to improve our D?? Got rid of Artrell "Toast" Hawkins and brought in former Pro Bowler Deltha O'Neal, added Kim Herring and Nate Webster, and got rid of Jeff "one-more-concussion-and-I'm-a-vegetable" Burris. The experience and talent of the players, 2 of whom have Super Bowl rings...not sure if O'Neal was with the Broncos last time they won...I'd have to look it up and its too damn late, greatly improves the defense. Just cause we didn't add a big-name DT doesn't mean we didn't improve.

You guys had a great draft, got some players who should really help out in the future...some now.

We didn't do too bad either. Picked up Keiwan Rattliff, and were pleasantly surprised with S Madieu Williams and LB Caleb Miller. All of those players should contribute for us and make our defense much stronger.

Good Luck to you, hope Vick can bounce back and hope your new coach works out.

wookie I was not talking about the Bengals offseason they made moves, and so did the Falcons. To say the Falcons made no improvement on defense is just as silly IMO as saying the Bengals made no improvement.

wookie I was not talking about the Bengals offseason they made moves, and so did the Falcons. To say the Falcons made no improvement on defense is just as silly IMO as saying the Bengals made no improvement.

There best move was dumping Wade Philipps....

Second best was drafting Hall from VT.....

But saying that there were a lot of holes to fill and it's all a matter of finding if the moves the Falcons made payed off....But that won't be decided until the regualr season cause y'all gonna lose this weekend. B)

...you live in kennesaw ??

...i usually watch the games at jocks & jills at cumberland mall in smyrna...

...we gotta make sure we aren't watching week 1 at the same place ... will probably wind up hating each other...

l_j_r

I grew up in Sharonville and went to Moeller. I moved to Atlanta in 1987. I live in Kennesaw by Towncenter Mall and work at Cobb County Toyota.

Are you a Bengals fan? Why would we end up hating each other? I've been a Bengals fanatic since the mid 1970s

The Falcons had a solid draft with lots of value. With Vick in, they got a good shot at the playoffs.

But it's hard for me to get out of my craw the humiliation the Falcons laid on the Bengals 2 years ago in prime time (30-3?). Not a whole lot of Bengals left from that memorable 2002 squad but I'm hoping the ones left like Simmons, Smith, and Tony Williams take it personally come this Saturday, even though we're just talking about another meaningless pre-season game.

No offense to the good Falcons fans on this site, but I'm looking forward to seeing some pigeon feathers flying :P

The Falcons had a solid draft with lots of value. With Vick in, they got a good shot at the playoffs.

But it's hard for me to get out of my craw the humiliation the Falcons laid on the Bengals 2 years ago in prime time (30-3?). Not a whole lot of Bengals left from that memorable 2002 squad but I'm hoping the ones left like Simmons, Smith, and Tony Williams take it personally come this Saturday, even though we're just talking about another meaningless pre-season game.

No offense to the good Falcons fans on this site, but I'm looking forward to seeing some pigeon feathers flying :P

Darn it, I had some smack I was going to say in reply, but I can't. My high school was the Tigers and I just can't talk about the Bengals.. :(

Well I too am a Bengal fan in the Atlanta area, 40 miles east of atlanta :lol::lol: , but I don't see a lot of improvement for the Falcons.

1. Offensive line is still full of run-blockers and not pass protectors.- They'll be able to open holes for Dunn and Duckett, but when Vick has to pass on those 3rd and longs, he's in for some trouble. - Eric Beverly has been struggling according to the Camp reports done by 790TheZone sports radio show.

2. The third preseason game always means that the starters will play into the second half, but I don't see that possible for Vick! - He's nursing a sore Hamstring and he's gonna have to take off sometime during Saturday nights game. - If he tweaks it early, Say good night to whatever you thought Vick was gonna do for you guys this year. Hamstrings take forever to heal properly !

3. As for moving Keith Brooking to OLB, a better fit, um didn't he play MLB at Georgia Tech..? answer = Yes ! Hasn't he been a middle linebacker since he basically came into the League.. His biggest knock is that he makes a sh*t load of tackles , but they're always 5 and 6 yards down field and never behind the line.

1. Offensive line is still full of run-blockers and not pass protectors.- They'll be able to open holes for Dunn and Duckett, but when Vick has to pass on those 3rd and longs, he's in for some trouble. - Eric Beverly has been struggling according to the Camp reports done by 790TheZone sports radio show.

Mostly correct, but whoever said Eric Beverly is struggling is lying, he was moved to TE because we had significant depth at G but NO depth at TE and he played the position.

2. The third preseason game always means that the starters will play into the second half, but I don't see that possible for Vick! - He's nursing a sore Hamstring and he's gonna have to take off sometime during Saturday nights game. - If he tweaks it early, Say good night to whatever you thought Vick was gonna do for you guys this year. Hamstrings take forever to heal properly !

All this is known, I'm not 3.

Hasn't he been a middle linebacker since he basically came into the League.. His biggest knock is that he makes a sh*t load of tackles , but they're always 5 and 6 yards down field and never behind the line.

Incorrect, he came into the league and played his first three years at WOLB. Like I said its his "natural" position.