Dillon in the fold

kingwilly

Anyone who knows anything about CD and the Bengals will take this as very encouraging news.

This tells me that CD is on board with Lewis and that he wants to be part of the team. It also gives me the impression that this Bengals team, with CD at 100% coming off a win over KC (Chad's guarantee) will be ready to do some damage. My only concern is that we face some heavy-duty RB;s over this stretch. Preist Holmes, Ladainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Marshall Faulk.

From the Benglas.com site:

DILLON EYES NEXT WEEK, BUT: Before Thursday’s practice, running back Corey Dillon thought he was a longshot to play Sunday against the Chiefs and a lock to play the next week in San Diego as his injured groin improves. Now after an encouraging practice, Dillon thinks there’s a better chance than that and he’ll go into Sunday’s game-time decision at 50-50.

“Real good. Much better. I did everything they wanted me to,” said Dillon, who indicated the injury is more serious than a strain.

If there is any doubt Dillon is trying to get back in time for the playoff push, note what happened Wednesday. Dillon, who hates needles, took one four or five times to drain fluid that had had congealed into what he called the size of a grapefruit. Then he was back out Thursday morning trying cuts in the walk-through and didn’t feel any pain.

But Dillon is trying to be careful after coming back too soon against Baltimore and Arizona, although he is upset at what perceives as media slams against his toughness and talent (“I feel like concrete right now and I feel like a flock of pigeons flew over it and dropped a couple of loads”) even though he is hurt.

Dillon went out of his way Thursday to praise his backup, Rudi Johnson, and said he’s excited about getting back in the middle of his first playoff run and supports his teammates. He also said he worked out his absence from Sunday’s game with head coach Marvin Lewis, he’s not ready for a second-best role, and when he returns he plans, “to start wrecking the league just to let them know I’m still here.”

He also plans to be on the sidelines Sunday in uniform or not.

“I’m happy for Rudi. I’m happy he’s getting the spotlight. He’s done great job,” Dillon said. “Rudi’s my guy. He’s a great back and he deserves it.

“I’m saying, there’s not any doubt. I’m (boxing champion) Roy Jones. I’m not dodging anybody when healthy. All I’m saying is when I’m healthy, pound-for-pound, I’m the Roy Jones of the industry. I’m the best in the game. Check the books,” Dillon said. “I’ve got some of the top games in the history of the National Football League.”

He also said his relationship with Lewis is more open than with anybody in the organization and is much better than the media portrays it.

“He’s looking out for my best interests. He’s trying to get me healthy,” Dillon said.