Thoughts on the Game, and of course, the Uniforms.

JDog21

OK, well, after catching the replay last night, I have some thoughts.

The Good:

The first teams played extremely well, and I think there is a lot to build on. If not for TJ's tipped pass, they would have continued on and dominated the first half. Rudy seems to be in mid-season shape and the O-line really took care of him.

The tackling. This is the best tackling team (at least wearing stripes) I have seen in a while.

Don't read too much into the early sack because it was just a busted play form the beginning. And the discipline of the entire team was outstanding. They didn't seem jumpy or anxious and that was evident by the lack of penalties. I was overall, very pleased.

The Bad:

Palmer has happy feet. He needs to calm down. The depth on both sides of the line scares the hell out of me. There was a noticable drop in performance from first team to second team.

The loss of Kyle Richardson for any length of time could hurt. I hope Larson's good. We are going to need a solid punter.

This is small, but Kelly Washington needs to stop with the show-boating after every single friggin' catch. Someone is going to knock his head off if he keeps it up.

Overall:

I'm not getting too up or too down over this game. It truly was meaningless, and I think Marvin was projecting that to his players the entire second half.

Lastly:

Ok, the uniforms may not be as bad as I had originally said, but I hate the sleeves. It's just too much orange. It's going to take some getting used to.

Anybody heard when Throwback Day's going to happen?

Bring on the Pats.