Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

Latos shows up big today, as does the hitting.

Latos gets the complete game win 7-2.

On a side note, the Reds brought up Corky Miller, Neftali Soto, and wait for it.........

Billy Hamilton.

While I think Hamilton is still very raw, being a pinch runner later in a game could be very nice to see.

It's not like the Reds have been very good at stealing bases this year.

Yeah Reds !!!

If the Reds can at least take this series from the Cardinals, I like where they are sitting.

The Pirates seem to have gotten over the late season failures of the past few seasons, but the Reds face them in 6 of their last 9, with the last 3 of those being at home. Hopefully things will work out where the Reds are in a position to take the NL Central, because I hate that one game "win and in" scenario. We would just have to hope the team from yesterday shows up.

For anyone missing it, Ludwick got a lead off single in the bottom of the 7th and Hamilton was brought in as a pinch runner.

He promptly stole 2nd even though the Cardinals KNEW it was coming. Frasier gets to 1-2 in the count, missing on bunts and then hits a double.

Hamilton scores from 2nd and the Reds are up 1-0, top of the 8th.

Bailey just came out after going 7 STRONG innings, giving up only 2 hits.

Close it out Reds !!!

THAT is the Reds team that needs to show up the rest of the way.

Seriously, you had great pitching from Bailey, a great move by Dusty to have Hamilton pinch run for Ludwick, and Chapman (coming off 10 days of rest) throwing lightning bolts while striking out the meat of the Cardinals order. The Reds weren't hitting well, but the Cards pitcher was throwing quite well himself.

A win like the one last night really can be one of those momentum shifts a team uses to propel themselves.

I can recall not long after the break talking about this team needing a spark.

Well, they sure got one last night.

Hamilton coming in to run was so much fun to watch. Dusty put him in and basically said, "We are going to steal this base, try to stop us." The crowd went crazy and Hamilton ended up being the difference in a one run win. Call it what you will, but this team has taken flak for not being able to beat good teams or win the close ones.

Not last night.

Hope things continue.

What a dissapointment last night

Yep. That was brutal. I'll feel slightly better about it if they win today. 3 of 4 is nothing to complain about.

that should have been a sure thing after what should have been a three game winning streak against the Cards. Bases loaded in the first and nobody scores, the bottom of the 15th should have ended it. Wasted opportunity.

What a dissapointment last night

Yep. That was brutal. I'll feel slightly better about it if they win today. 3 of 4 is nothing to complain about.

that should have been a sure thing after what should have been a three game winning streak against the Cards. Bases loaded in the first and nobody scores, the bottom of the 15th should have ended it. Wasted opportunity.

Oh, absolutely. And what really irks me is that I stayed up late to watch it!

But, that's baseball. It's all about what happens over the long term, and like I said...3 of 4 wouldn't be bad.

Brutally long game and I watched as well. I didn't want to miss them win a long game like that. Sad...

The missed opportunities killed me. The first inning especially.

Things like that happen though.

Yep, give me 3 of 4 and I will be more than happy.

The Pirates lost last night, so at least they didn't lose ground.

The Pirates and Cards play the next three games against each other.

YES, the Reds win 6-2, taking 3 of 4 from the Cards and gain a half game on the Pirates who didn't play last night.

On an even higher note, at least for me, was seeing Cingrani pitch into the 6th inning last night, only giving up 2 runs.

Nice to know his back shouldn't be an issue heading into the stretch.