Reds vs. A's

ArmyBengal

I don't know what to make of the Reds right now.

I know it's a long season and I still think they will be there come the end of it, but boy they are frustrating.

They lose 7-3 last night and Arroyo only goes 4 innings, giving up 7 runs.

On some other notes:

Phillips is on paternity leave and missed last nights and will miss todays game.

Izturis went 3-4 last night. Kiss the loved ones, this might be a sign of the end of the world.

Heisey was called back up and Lutz was sent back down.

This team really needs to get out of the funk they find themselves in.

Both the Cards and Pirates won last night as well.

Another --> :puke:

They're due for a bad run. With the bullpen being a mess, playing a lot of good teams in a row, and being on the road in the West Coast...it's hardly surprising.

I'm just hoping they can hang on until the All-Star Break and hopefully go on a run afterwards.

As long as we can stay within striking distance for the time being, I think they'll be fine. Pitt. is due for a collapse...maybe not as bad as last year, but not far off. They've been overusing their bullpen and it's going to come back to haunt them come August.

Yeah, like I said, I think they will be there at the end of the season. This roster is actually built for it.

Just look at last year after the break. They went on a tear and pretty much set themselves up for the postseason.

Get the bullpen healthy and give the rest of the guys a breath and I think it will work itself out.

Until then, try to win at least a couple of the remaining series. Yes, striking distance.

Bailey goes out again on the road and put the team in a 4-0 hole, seeing the Reds lose 5-0.

The Reds managed two whole hits in the game coming off the bat of Paul and Mesoraco.

Cingrani also gave up another run from the bullpen.

I sure am glad they have another day off today.

Ugh...