The Non-traded, still-great Adam Dunn

skyline

First of all Sky, don't just put "Dunn" as the title. You had me a bit freaked out, my first thought was he was traded and knowing the Reds, it's certainly possible. So let's say something like "Dunn Continues Pace" or "Dunn Rocks".. whatever you do, don't just put a Reds player name as the title. This is a new rule.. :lol::lol::lol:

After five minutes of calming down I'll continue; yes, Dunn is one of few bright spots on the Reds left. The others being Casey, Willy Mo, and I'm still on the Larkin bandwagon.

First of all Sky, don't just put "Dunn" as the title. You had me a bit freaked out, my first thought was he was traded and knowing the Reds, it's certainly possible. So let's say something like "Dunn Continues Pace" or "Dunn Rocks".. whatever you do, don't just put a Reds player name as the title. This is a new rule.. :lol::lol::lol:

After five minutes of calming down I'll continue; yes, Dunn is one of few bright spots on the Reds left. The others being Casey, Willy Mo, and I'm still on the Larkin bandwagon.

Is that better? :lol:

501???

Was Dunn making multiple flights into San Francisco in the offseason??? Is he a BALCO LABS Product???

See what happens now, Barry F. Bonds??? See how he ruined this sport??? Now everytime someone hits a superbomb like this one, everyone's going to wonder what he's on.

This is sort of like the Athens Games coming up--if anyone beats a World Record, same thing is going to happen.

Barry Bonds, you suck!!! And you can shove that ego right up your ass.

And speaking of streaks, is Dunn still on pace to shatter the all-time strike-out record???

And speaking of streaks, is Dunn still on pace to shatter the all-time strike-out record???

Yes he is on pace. But with 35 bombs he also has a shot at being the first Red to lead the league in HRs since George Foster.

That would also be good for Dunn.

However, 134 SO's??? WTF?????

Okay, I will give Dunn the benefit of the doubt--being at 6'6, he has a terribly huge strikezone.

But comeon here--choke up on the f**king bat on that 1-2 count, Dunn!!!

Maybe we should start calling Dunn--Cerano (from Major League)????

And maybe someone should go pick up a whole chicken from KFC for that ritual.

:lol::lol:

"Yo, bartender--Joe-Boo needs a refill!!!!"

:lol::lol:

All players that specifically have power and aren't the Bonds or the Albert's of the world typically strikeout a lot. Look at league leaders throughout the past 20-30 years, you'll always have a guy that strikesout tons.. that's the nature of the beast, that's baseball.

I don't care if he strikesout. I do care however, if he strikesout looking instead of swinging. At least when he swings the ball will either go 501 feet or back to the pitcher.

:o Just read about Dunns homer. God .... that kid hits a TON. I remember Miley talking about him when he was at triple A and hit a foul ball that cleared the park. Miley said it was the only time he saw a foul ball get a standing ovation.

As for striking out a lot ........ yeah. I'd like to see him up the average too, but almost every heavy hitter I can think of had the same problem. Some get over it and some don't.

There's precious little to cheer about the Reds as of late. Might as well enjoy the homers etc. on their own merit and hope for better for next year. B)

All players that specifically have power and aren't the Bonds or the Albert's of the world typically strikeout a lot. Look at league leaders throughout the past 20-30 years, you'll always have a guy that strikesout tons.. that's the nature of the beast, that's baseball.

I don't care if he strikesout. I do care however, if he strikesout looking instead of swinging. At least when he swings the ball will either go 501 feet or back to the pitcher.

:lol: Shoulda read all your post before I started mine. I could have done with yours like usually I do with Joisey and just write " What he said ".