Bengals vs Chiefs: A Brief History

BengalBobNC

Greetings everyone. I'm new to this board. I had been posting on the Bengals Insiders board, but it got to be quite aggravating. Everyone seemed to rip everyone regardless of what was posted. I guess I was guilty of that from time to time too. I will not be doing that here. It seemed you spent half your time defending your comments. There are a lot of good posters there, just too many "slammers" and constantly negative people there.

On to this thread's topic:

Our overall record vs the Chiefs:

9-11-0

PF: 396 PA: 379

Our record w/Paul Brown as GM:

9-10

PF: 381 PA: 362

Our record w/Mike Brown as GM:

0-1

PF: 15 PA: 17

The last four games:

'87: Bengals 30 Chiefs 27 W (OT)

'88: Bengals 28 @Chiefs 31

'89: Bengals 21 @Chiefs 17 W

'93: Bengals 15 @Chiefs 17

This would be a huge victory for us. Can it be done? Sure...why not? A lot has to go right for us for it to happen. But the heavily underdog Dolphins knocked off the Bears in '85 to give them their only loss of the season. Our defense and special teams cannot play like they did against the Texans and expect to win though. We need a solid effort from all phases of the game. Not to mention Rudi's rushing supporting the passing game, keeping the KC offense off the field.

I like our chances though. I wouldve liked them even better if Chad hadn't guaranteed a victory. Someone needs to tell him you never give the other team anything to fire up on.

I just hope it is a good game.

BengalBobNC

"We need Melissa Stark back on Monday Night Football!!! I am a huge Melissa Stark fan!"

Thanks LK!

I hope the Bengals do it this Sunday! That would be incredible! I will be at Jack Astor's Bar and Grille in Greensboro, NC watching the game (they have NFL Sunday Ticket there). Unless by some miracle the game is televised in my area.

Before each game I would post our records vs the team we were playing on the other board. As long as people are interested, I will certainly do that here.

I was a fan of Melissa from day one. Not only because she is beautiful, with a "girl next door" quality, she also asked intelligent questions and conducted herself perfectly on the sidelines. No slam against LisaG, but I want Melissa back!!! BTW: Everyone on the other board knew I was quite harmlessly obsessed with Melissa!

BengalBobNC

Dig that stats there BengalBobNC...Also, all this time I thought I was the only Bengals fan within a hundred miles of that area.I'm originally from up the road in Danville, VA and Greensboro is like my home away from home...

As for the Bengals winning Sunday...Why not? Yeah the Chiefs are good, but no team is unbeatable. The Bengals are primed and ready...

Kevnz: Been thru Danville many times...you just never know where you will find a Bengals fan. I've been one all my life. Born and raised Cincinnatian now living in the Greensboro area. I've been rooting for them since the first year.

LarryK: I think I can post some pics of Melissa...providing no one objects!

If anyone is interested I keep a Bengals website updated: My Webpage

Feel free to check it out anytime.

BengalBobNC