Reds Trade Travis Wood

ArmyBengal

Well, they went and got themselves a closer. I liked Wood though and hate to see him go.

Homer better have the season everyone thinks he capable of this season because i'm about done with that to come to fruition.

The Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds have agreed to a trade in principle that will send pitcher Travis Wood and two minor-leaguers to the Cubs for left-handed reliever Sean Marshall, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Marshall, 29, could be used as a set-up man or as a possible closer, due to the fact Reds' closer Francisco Cordero is a free agent. Marshall was one of the top left-handed set-up men in baseball last season. Last season he went 6-6 with 2.20 ERA and had 34 holds, tied for second in the majors among left-handed relievers. That was also a single-season team record.

Marshall is set to make $3 million in 2012, and he will be a free agent after the season.

/>http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7377087/source-chicago-cubs-trading-sean-marshall-cincinnati-reds

Don't know if he'll be a closer or not, but he seems like a solid pick up all the same.

Very happy with the move. At the same time, so much seems to hinge on Chapman working out as a starter. I'm very excited to see what he can do, but extremely nervous at the same time. The reds coaches must be very confident that Chapman's control issues are a thing of the past. I also constantly worry about injury when someone with that big of an arm is throwing that many pitches. I'll be curious to see how much they reel his fastball in.